Pub Crawls - Do they still happen?

ashton was mint,the 80's version but also the newer version up to the murders that is.

Baeu Geste, Cavern, Pitt and Nelson, Old Vaults, Pointers, Back to back, Yates' ,Georges bar...or on a Sunday back to the Cavern for last then Maccas and finally the bus station or the hike home via Seven Stars kebab shop...hopefully avoiding getting into more than a few scrapes on the way.

trublueaussie said:
Unless the powers that be have changed your uncivilised drinking hours since I was in Manchester, it's a bit hard to do a proper pub crawl that finishes at 10pm.

24 hour drinking nowadays,mate.
We changed it to celebrate you leaving.
I don't suppose you have anything similar in convictland,where the beer is shite anyway,and 400 miles between pubs is a hell of a swim...?

We don't tend to stay in a Pub / Bar for more than one Pint when we're in town. You have a drink, leave and go to the next place. Not really a Pub crawl - but forget staying in the same place all night.

peoffrey said:
We don't tend to stay in a Pub / Bar for more than one Pint when we're in town. You have a drink, leave and go to the next place. Not really a Pub crawl - but forget staying in the same place all night.

I think that's a pretty accurate description of a pub crawl tbh

stony said:
peoffrey said:

I think that's a pretty accurate description of a pub crawl tbh

Ha ha! A proper Pub Crawl is organised and visits 12 Pubs of a night. I'll do 3 or 4 before I head to the Club etc. Unless I've been going on Pub Crawls for years and I've not dared admit it to myself.

stony said:
I haven't done a pub crawl for years. Used to love doing them in Heywood.

Didn't matter which end of the town you started at, you'd be bladdered before you hit the centre.

Even if I was back on the sauce I still couldn't be arsed these days.
Eeee the good old days! There's hardly any decent pubs left in Heywood now. Out of all them I'd probably go in about five.

stony said:
I haven't done a pub crawl for years. Used to love doing them in Heywood.

Didn't matter which end of the town you started at, you'd be bladdered before you hit the centre.

Even if I was back on the sauce I still couldn't be arsed these days.

We never used to venture to Heywood for a pubcrawl. Everytime I was ever in Heywood it ended in a fight cos me and my mates weren't 'local people'.

Swinton used to have 2 great crawls, not been over that way for a long time. Would normally start at the Golden Lion (i think), then head towards the centre. Happy days.

Actually I think the last one I kind of went on, I remember was the semi-final 2nd leg last year. It didn't quite go as well as I'd planned...actually tits up would be true. Possibly one of the worst/surreal/epic nights I've ever had.

I'd kind of double booked, there was a girl I liked on the bar crawl but there was the football so naturally I took the football, but seen as though I'd already bought tickets and got a free bus ride I could kind of do both. As we were in Nottingham not all the bars on the crawl had the match on. Got to the first bar 15 minutes before the kick off aimed to get a pint then meet up with a City fan I met on here, I'd also talked to another mate where I arranged to watch the match with.

First bar couldn't get a drink, but there were a group of City fans in, a chours of 'blue moon' rang out across the bar, over the noise of 40 students who all stood and stared in silence. And then they responded, with campus songs. The City fans went off to another bar with a TV, I couldn't get a drink so left to meet the others for the match.

But I didn't know where the pub was so ended up just stopping at the nearest bar with a TV. The City fan found me about 10 mins later but there was my mate who didn't know where it was, sat in a different bar. At half-time we met up with him, then while he was in the toilet, because this place was full of rags it was suggested we go to the bar where the group of City fans I was with at the start of the bar crawl said they were going.

So after the match now on my 4th bar about 6th drink, wanting to drown our sorrows we went to all the bars in the centre the City fan hadn't been to, about another 3 or 4, weird places, gothic bars and middle-aged fat slags around, then caught the end of the bar crawl, for some reason had cocktails, couldn't find the girl, saw her later in the club, did something stupid because I was so drunk, avoided her for around a month.

Probably the worst night of 2010, which started with such potential. I blame Rooney...dick.

We did the same only add The Queens ,The Ashton Hotel,Sloanes,Stamford Arms and that's an Ashton pub crawl.We even used to do the odd random like the Bowling Green or The Station or The Caledonian.Always ended up in lumber though.
blueju said:
ashton was mint,the 80's version but also the newer version up to the murders that is.

Baeu Geste, Cavern, Pitt and Nelson, Old Vaults, Pointers, Back to back, Yates' ,Georges bar...or on a Sunday back to the Cavern for last then Maccas and finally the bus station or the hike home via Seven Stars kebab shop...hopefully avoiding getting into more than a few scrapes on the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.