Pubs in central London showing the game

crystal_mais

Hi

As I work in London durting the week. Do you know of any pubs near Liverpool Street station that will be showing the match on Wednesday night?

Due to London fashion week, I'm not staying in the hotel I usually do which would have the game on.

Apologies if posted inthe wrong area.

You may struggle with that as the rags are on ITV and Liverpool Street is the main gateway for commuters from Essex.

If you take the Circle or District Line to Farringdon (2 stops, 5 mins) the City Pride is only 2 mins away on Farringdon Lane (google it) and is extremely popular with london based Blues. They usually show City games.

Chris in London said:
You may struggle with that as the rags are on ITV and Liverpool Street is the main gateway for commuters from Essex.

If you take the Circle or District Line to Farringdon (2 stops, 5 mins) the City Pride is only 2 mins away on Farringdon Lane (google it) and is extremely popular with london based Blues. They usually show City games.

Cheers - it's only 3 stops so should be easy to find

Re: Re: Pubs in central London showing the game

bronco said:
the city pride is superb - watch the cup final there , next best thing to being at wembley !
The City Pride is indeed excellent (although lacking my presence these days) and you will meet some weird & wonderful characters. More the former than the latter though.

Make sure you introduce yourself to tueartsboots who is the Godfather of the London blues.

Re: Re: Pubs in central London showing the game

crystal_mais said:
If you come out of the main entrance of Farringdon station turn left then left again into Turnmill St.

Just follow that and cross Clerkenwell Road. Keep going and cross another road (where there's a pub called The Green) and
The Pride is a few yards further on.

Prestwich_Blue said:
crystal_mais said:
If you come out of the main entrance of Farringdon station turn left then left again into Turnmill St.

Just follow that and cross Clerkenwell Road. Keep going and cross another road (where there's a pub called The Green) and
The Pride is a few yards further on.

Cheers Mate -

I'll also be at the Pride, I have a conference at Olympia so I'll go there straight afterwards. Hopefully there'll be a handful of us there.

A thread about London Blues that has got this far without any direct involvement from Tueartsboots! The man hunts down Newbies like no other.

^^ To be fair he has already emailed the London massive which did change my mind about which way to head on the tube from Olympia. Otherwise I would have been home by 7 with a bag of tinnies. Now it's going to be quite a drunk midnight arrival at home after an hour's tube ride from Chancery Lane. I will not be popular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.