Pubs in San Fran ?

nice will go in there before or after,
gymshoe said:
SF City Blue posted the following a few days ago...

"...For those of you unfamiliar with US football pubs all the supporters watch at the same places. The pub we go to at 5:30 in the morning for early matches is owned by a blue but is the official pub of the Northern California Arsenal supporters. When we play them its 100 of them and about 10 of us and we usually out sing them. Any blue coming for the match here in San Francisco please come up to Maggie McGarry's pub in North Beach we the San Francisco City Blues would love to meet you all and lift a few pints. Now I will go back to lurking and learning from you all."

Hope you make it to Los Angeles, too. Have fun!
<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 pm --<br /><br />cheers. we'll be in , should be a good day
S04 said:
Found this..

We have a SF Manchester City Blues Supporters club run out of Maggie McGarry's pub in North Beach, owned by a blue Mick. We'll be there before and after the game.
1353 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94133

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/</a>

Random request on this post in case he's on this site.

Phil from Sacramento who used to post a lot on the MEN website. If you're on here PM me as i'd lost your details.

Last time we met was in Dave's bar on Market/3rd Street in SF so you'll know who this is. :)

There's a good English pub called the 'mad dog in the fog' in the lower haight area - remember going there a few years back - full if Brits in there 'residing' in San fran. Pretty sure at least one I'd the owners was a manc...when they knew were over from Manchester they fixed the quiz for us and me and the missus won a shed load of ale.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.posthoc.com/maddoginthefog.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.posthoc.com/maddoginthefog.htm</a>

Love that city.

The Westin St Francis in Union Square is one of America's great hotels, centrally located for public transport anywhere in the city. I loved my stay there, especially as a big fan of The Maltese Falcon. Pricy though, especially mid-summer.

LongsightM13 said:
The Westin St Francis in Union Square is one of America's great hotels, centrally located for public transport anywhere in the city. I loved my stay there, especially as a big fan of The Maltese Falcon. Pricy though, especially mid-summer.

Did you go in 'Leftys' across the road for a few sherberts? A nice selection in there.

1_barry_conlon said:
LongsightM13 said:

Did you go in 'Leftys' across the road for a few sherberts? A nice selection in there.
Yes mate, Lefty O'Doul's, named after an old baseball player I think. We kind of made that our home base for the week before moving on to check out other areas of the city. Some decent American 'craft beers'.

LongsightM13 said:
1_barry_conlon said:
LongsightM13 said:

Yes mate, Lefty O'Doul's, named after an old baseball player I think. We kind of made that our home base for the week before moving on to check out other areas of the city. Some decent American 'craft beers'.

That's the one! Some good snacking scran in there as well.

There was a good micro-brewery on Columbus near to Grant St, can't remember the name but on a corner on the barbary coast trail and very 'oldie worldy' for American standards anyway. Spent an afternoon 'testing' the local brews in there one day.

tommyhair said:
nice will go in there before or after,
gymshoe said:
SF City Blue posted the following a few days ago...

"...For those of you unfamiliar with US football pubs all the supporters watch at the same places. The pub we go to at 5:30 in the morning for early matches is owned by a blue but is the official pub of the Northern California Arsenal supporters. When we play them its 100 of them and about 10 of us and we usually out sing them. Any blue coming for the match here in San Francisco please come up to Maggie McGarry's pub in North Beach we the San Francisco City Blues would love to meet you all and lift a few pints. Now I will go back to lurking and learning from you all."

Hope you make it to Los Angeles, too. Have fun!

-- Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 pm --

cheers. we'll be in , should be a good day
S04 said:
Found this..

We have a SF Manchester City Blues Supporters club run out of Maggie McGarry's pub in North Beach, owned by a blue Mick. We'll be there before and after the game.
1353 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94133

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/</a>

We are building up the San Francisco Supporters Club, have about 50 now and are shooting for about 200 by next year. Maggie McGarry's is our base. Its the only pub in San Francisco owned by a Blue. There will be music on Saturday evening after the game, but the area around in North Beach is full of bars and food. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Ask for Dave if you get to Maggies.

I went to see the Giants at AT&T Park last night. There is a huge billboard just across the block advertising the City match. Was already looking forward to the match but that got me even more ready. What time will the drinking start up in North Beach?

This sounds like the San Francisco that my friend should have shown me when I was down that way a few years back. Instead we went to all of these super-hipster modern bars with ridiculous names. Boring night... I wish I could steer all of travellin' Blues away from that area, but I don't remember the name of the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.