Punk and New Wave thread.

Anyone going Rebellion this year? I wasn't sure until I saw Billy Bragg and Bob Vylan were playing. And the Buzzcocks, though it'll be weird seeing them without Pete. Last time they played I only saw about 15 minutes of them and then I had to go because I had a migraine and ended up throwing up and losing my glasses.

Anyone going Rebellion this year? I wasn't sure until I saw Billy Bragg and Bob Vylan were playing. And the Buzzcocks, though it'll be weird seeing them without Pete. Last time they played I only saw about 15 minutes of them and then I had to go because I had a migraine and ended up throwing up and losing my glasses.
I've just had a look at the rebellion playlist and I might consider a night or two. The thing is a lot of bands that i know and want to hear and see(again) but there's a lot of bands who i know and don't want to hear because I've seen them in their prime and wasn't impressed then. And there's bands I simply don't know and not arsed about knowing about.

It's a whopping £205 for the full event. I think the promoters think punks have all got middle class incomes now. : /

The Chameleons are playing Rebellion I think .

It s just too expensive for me and I don't know if I can cope with the length of it

Went to the first whatever Rebellion was called back in 1996 at Blackpool Winter Gardens. Something like The Twentieth Summer. Three days and nights and found that too long back then!! Loads of great bands like The Vibrators The Crack The Drones plus Buzzcocks Damned etc Fell asleep in front of the speakers Saturday afternoon I was that knackered!!!!

Festivals are expensive as balls these days. Reading was £90 when I was in high school.

I guess the Rebellion organisers need the money after having to cancel due to COVID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.