Q Magazine is no more.

BLUEYESTU

Are we bothered? I have some fond memories of their “who does.... think they are?” pieces that were often great fun (Dave Lee Travis meltdown), but the magazine seemed a bit elitist at times.

Went all "Top 20 Uriah Heap songs" and "100 top guitar solos" rather than actually writing like they did in the good old days. They chased the click bait/ advertisers cash and have now paid the price. Pity really.

Are we bothered? I have some fond memories of their “who does.... think they are?” pieces that were often great fun (Dave Lee Travis meltdown), but the magazine seemed a bit elitist at times.

Not bothered anymore. Self appointed arbiters of taste back in the day about what was and wasn’t good music, no loss.

Bought Q religiously back in the 90s and noughties, and up until about 10 years ago, was a great magazine.
Gutted but I suppose digital has killed off paper publications.

I used to read it occasionally, although sometimes it was obvious they were handing out 5 star reviews in exchange for exclusive interviews, most famously for Be Here Now by Oasis, which by the time I read the magazine had been downgraded to 2 stars in retrospective reviews. I vaguely remember something similar happening with Razorlight.

I remember being delighted when my old band's track was reviewed in there. Single of the week or sumat. Still got that copy in a box somewhere. It'll be a shame to see this go of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.