Qatar 2022 Organisers Found to Have Links to Terrorist Group

Ifwecouldjust.......

Go here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/john.andrews/787087/qatar-2022-organisers-found-to-have-links-to-terrorist-groups" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/john.andrew ... ist-groups</a>

file.jpg

A shocking story has emerged today about the organisers of the ill-fated Qatar 2022 World Cup.

The competition, which has caused more controversy and debate than any other in the history of the competition, is still eight years away, but the endless stories of mistreatment of migrant workers, FIFA bribes and corruption are threatening to make a mockery of the world's greatest sporting event.

Martin Samuel's column in the Daily Mail today revealed some extremely disturbing information about the Qatari organizers and their sordid past.

Samuel explains that Abdul Rahman Omeir al-Naimi, a principal organiser of the competition and former head of the Qatari Football Association (QFA), has links to various terrorist groups including Al-Qaeda and Hamas.

The US Treasury Department has stated that al-Naimi was a prominent financier of Al Qaeda and that he oversaw the transfer of hundreds of thousands of dollars to Al-Qaeda and subsidiaries in Iraq, Somalia, Yemen and Syria over the course of a decade.

Al-Naimi is no longer involved with the QFA, but his replacement, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa bin Ahmed al Than, who is a member of the Qatari Royal Family, has also been accused of having links to terrorist organisations.

The report goes on to state that Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa bin Ahmed al Than, who is the President of the QFA, met with leaders of Hamas in Doha in April 2013 to discuss relations between the Gulf State and the so called 'political party' of Hamas, which is classed as a terrorist organisation by America and the EU.

The Emir of Qatar, their head of state, also became the first head of state to visit Hamas-controlled Gaza in 2012 and pledged to support Hamas and their security apparatus to the tune of $400m.

The damning revelation goes on to explain numerous examples of people who were involved with the bid to bring the World Cup to Qatar and the organisers and their links to different groups associated with terrorism and even gives examples of inflammatory comments made by these individuals, of which most were advocating the death of Jews and enemies of Islam.

The question that the article begs is - what needs to happen in order for the competition to be removed from Qatar?

Just last week Jack Warner, the ex Vice President of FIFA, was found to have accepted a bribe of $1.2m from Mohammed Bin Hamman, Qatar's representative in FIFA and swiftly resigned from his position, but faces an FBI investigation into the alleged bribe.

Hmmm I wonder if this is the Daily Mail..... Why am I not fucking surprised, tomorrow's issue will be on how our Sheikh funded the 9/11 attacks now, watch.
Oh and calling Hamas a terrorist group is a bit of a stretch in anyone's book tbf.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Champions2012! said:
How is this related to Man City

Its not...but it is Football related and of interest following the revelations yesterday that Jack Warner from FIFA had been paid millions of pounds by the Qatar Football Assoc
I think he/she wrote that when it was still in the main forum.

Martin Samuel has got a right bee in his bonnet about this World Cup and he's spot on with most of it. However, he's way off target with this one.

The US and EU might view Hamas as terrorists, but most of the Gulf/Middle East states don't, for very obvious reasons. I would suspect every government in the region has held talks with Hamas at some point, including those linked with our own fine club.

It would be foolish not to engage with Hamas at some level since they effectively govern a piece of land that these countries view as an independent state. Is Samuel seriously suggesting they should shun Hamas completely simply because the US deems them to be terrorists?

Dubai Blue said:
Martin Samuel has got a right bee in his bonnet about this World Cup and he's spot on with most of it. However, he's way off target with this one.

The US and EU might view Hamas as terrorists, but most of the Gulf/Middle East states don't, for very obvious reasons. I would suspect every government in the region has held talks with Hamas at some point, including those linked with our own fine club.

It would be foolish not to engage with Hamas at some level since they effectively governs a piece of land that these countries view as an independent state. Is Samuel seriously suggesting they should shun Hamas completely simply because that's the US deems them to be terrorists?
Every Arab country from Egypt to Asia funds Hamas and for good reason, all the money pumped into Israel and the Mossad by the U.S.A. and the E.U. leaves them at an unfair advantage. Who do you reckon will be the first Journalist to get Abu Dhabi and Qatar mixed up (again!) and come out with the "City funding Terrorism/City funded by Terrorists" headline? Whoever it is they'll probably work for the fail.

aguero93:20 said:
Dubai Blue said:

It would be foolish not to engage with Hamas at some level since they effectively governs a piece of land that these countries view as an independent state. Is Samuel seriously suggesting they should shun Hamas completely simply because that's the US deems them to be terrorists?
Every Arab country from Egypt to Asia funds Hamas and for good reason, all the money pumped into Israel and the Mossad by the U.S.A. and the E.U. leaves them at an unfair advantage. Who do you reckon will be the first Journalist to get Abu Dhabi and Qatar mixed up (again!) and come out with the "City funding Terrorism/City funded by Terrorists" headline? Whoever it is they'll probably work for the fail.
Martin Samuel, as good as he usually is, regularly gets his Gulf states and emirates mixed up, as I've pointed out to him on numerous occasions in the past.

He should stick to sport and leave the intricacies of Middle East politics to those who actually have a modicum of understanding on the subject.

Dubai Blue said:
aguero93:20 said:
Dubai Blue said:

Martin Samuel, as good as he usually is, regularly gets his Gulf states and emirates mixed up, as I've pointed out to him on numerous occasions in the past.

He should stick to sport and leave the intricacies of Middle East politics to those who actually have a modicum of understanding on the subject.
Funny enough I usually say that about Football Journalists and Finance/FFP nowadays and he's one of the few with an understanding of it fit to write about the subject, but on this definitely I agree 100%, worst thing is somebody in the political section of the newspaper has probably given him this because they'd be discredited if they came out with it.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Champions2012! said:
How is this related to Man City

Its not...but it is Football related and of interest following the revelations yesterday that Jack Warner from FIFA had been paid millions of pounds by the Qatar Football Assoc
Oh i don't know about that,give it time and somehow some journalist will be trying to link us with it....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.