QPR-it could have been us!!

*singingtheblues* said:
Corky said:
Bolton also cam down with us, but looking at it now the two clubs who finished above us on goal difference did not come off better, not ten years later anyway.

I think it could have been any club.

The Gillingham match was not as crucial as it was later made out, we had by far the most revenue in the division and wages had been capped the season before with Pollock the highest earner left. I though we would have romped Div 2 in 1999/2000, and doing so we would have near to sold out every week.

That's what I always thought.

Am i right in thinking that was the season when Fulham had been brought by Al Fayed and had splashed the cash with Keegan. As i always thought runners up was our best shot. Around January mid table obscurity seemed a certainty!!

I always thought that the whole notion that we'd have collapsed had we lost to Gillingham was nonsense. We might not have been the same club we are today, but it wouldn't have been the monumental disaster it's often contemplated as. That's what makes the game itself so momentous though, is that people considered that possibility, but (in my opinion at least) it wouldn't have been the catastrophe a lot of people consider it to be.

*singingtheblues* said:
Corky said:
Bolton also cam down with us, but looking at it now the two clubs who finished above us on goal difference did not come off better, not ten years later anyway.

I think it could have been any club.

The Gillingham match was not as crucial as it was later made out, we had by far the most revenue in the division and wages had been capped the season before with Pollock the highest earner left. I though we would have romped Div 2 in 1999/2000, and doing so we would have near to sold out every week.

That's what I always thought.

I always thought that the whole notion that we'd have collapsed had we lost to Gillingham was nonsense. We might not have been the same club we are today, but it wouldn't have been the monumental disaster it's often contemplated as. That's what makes the game itself so momentous though, is that people considered that possibility, but (in my opinion at least) it wouldn't have been the catastrophe a lot of people consider it to be.
Glad we didn"t put it to the test all the same! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.