QPR Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

oddfellows said:
Can't help thinking that Mario would have scored tonight as a farewell present, but, maybe in another time, who knows.
Cant think your taking the pi**

Sky Blue said:
grim up north said:
Is anybody going to give the opposition any credit. They stopped us scoring, they are battling for survival. 11 v 11 anything can happen on any particular day. On paper we should beat them football is played on grass.

One of the few sensible posters on here.
Not really every man and his dog knew QPR were gonna stick 10 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter it is Mancinis job to get a game plan to counter this, there will be days where we're just unlucky but this is happening to regularly the same fucking thing is happening over and over again (sunderland away, west ham away, Everton home etc) and with the players we have it isn't good enough especially when we're fighting for the title and for people to say a point is good against the fucking bottom of the side team is laughable.

Notinmylifetime said:
Strikers too slow, not creating a yard, not dribbling, no confidence, not shooting and out of form.
Team too slow, too predictable, no real width, not direct enough and can't cross a ball.
Tactics sussed, no plan B, too square, lack of urgency, cqant build momentum or pressure and not making posession count.
That result and performance was totally predictable from 20 minutes in.
totally frustrating from 30 minutes onwards. Only real efforts were from Lescott, Zaba, Garcia and Barry - when will our midfielders and strikers start playing with some potency and threat? Did Nasri play? Did Milner, Silva or any other player cross over the first man?
Totally frustrated here. Anyone agree?

I'm that frustrated I can't even spell! Time for a beer then a lie down me thinks.

uncle fester said:
Hart - did what he had to do 7
Zabaletta - Mr Consisitent 7
Clichy - ball in the final third could have been better 6
Lescott - reasonably steady poss penalty against 6
Garcia - quite good for a stand in centre half 6
Barry - lots of passing to the invisible man 5
Milner - didnt go for him tonight but kept going 5 unlike...
Nasri - no drive annonymous for large parts 4
Silva - unlucky with the shot in and out 7
Tevez - tries hard but no end product at the minute 6
Aguero - Bright start faded 6
Dzeko - prob should have started 6
Rodwell - no real time
Sinclair - as above

An overly generous 4 for nasri.. I'd make it 2.

It was a game where we really missed Yaya.

Their goalie produced a couple of excellent saves.

In wet and windy conditions Edin should have started.

Complements to Garcia. Another strong game.

Its a shame we didn't take our chances today.

A few notes

- I don't think Barry can play two games in one week.

- Nasri didn't have an influence on the game at all

- Tevez was all style but no substance

- The number of misplaced passes from Milner and Zaba were ridiculous especially in the first half

- Our crossing could be better. The number of crosses that don't even get passed the first man is an absolute joke. Work on it Milner and Silva.

- How long does Hart take to release the ball...jesus christ, i'm starting to think this guys a slow thinker.

- Garcia was okay as a temporary stop gap CB.

Bad luck, shit happens, move on.

The arrogance of some is absolutely disgusting. Who the fuck says teams like QPR, (who we were like not too long ago), should play to win? They're fighting for survival and that tonight is like a victory for them. We are the dogs bollocks who people want to gain points off, but for teams like QPR the way to do it is to take 1 point not 3. There's nothing wrong with that from their point of view and all this 'it's the premiership FFS. They're parking the fucking bus' is arrogance personified.
TWO TEAMS.

I'm not too down about tonights result. On another night we would have won 3-0, we deserved a lot more out of the game. Considering the injuries and absences at the ACON this may well be a result we look at as a vital point. In fact it reminded me a lot of the game away on Boxing Day last season against WBA. We all now know how vital that point was, even though at the time this forum was in meltdown on how crap we were. Keep believing, we're still in it, and remember we still haven't conceded a goal in 2013.

Tevez - Kun - Silva - Nasri

We never do well when these 4 play because they are essentially the same style of player.

I hope we get a decent centre forward to replace Mario or a strong attacking centre mid. We lack drive in the centre of the field especially when Yaya is either away or tired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.