Quad not treble

Community Shield is a glorified friendly. Let’s not call it a trophy in case the dippers beat us in August

I'm all for counting it but that's not necessarily true.

If we win the league and the FA Cup, then we'll be playing Liverpool in it.
i'm not too bothered, but i'll be saying treble but the dippers don't deserve a Wembley day for runner up status.

Community Shield is a glorified friendly. Let’s not call it a trophy in case the dippers beat us in August

Except that it can only be competed in by trophy winners. Both the teams competing for the Charity Shield have won the Premier League in the last 3 years.

The teams competing in the CL final have never won it between them. Essentially, the CL is a competition for the also-rans but they still count that ;-)

You can Guarantee the Community Shield will be classed as a domestic ‘trophy’ if the dippers win it.

It would be a great start to the season to get one over on them. It could set the candles burning early in Miserypool.

Treble confirmed in emphatic style. Let's not cheapen this fantastic season by invluding the Charity Shield friendly to make it a quadruple. Others may do that but it makes them sound desperate. We are anything but cheap. A fantastic season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.