Queens Road Ground

s61blue

Wonder if anyone could help me, I am trying to find exactly where on Queens Road our ground was when we played there in the 1880's.

Recently moved to Monsall, just off Queens Road and wondered if that is the same location of the Queens Road ground where we played.

Sorry mate,but the Queens Road/Clemington Park that is connected with us,is around the Gorton Park area across the road from the showcase,on hyde road

Garrinchas---Dog said:
Sorry mate,but the Queens Road/Clemington Park that is connected with us,is around the Gorton Park area across the road from the showcase,on hyde road

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.

Absolutely ....... Gorton Park (Donkey Common!)

Although Manchester City were formed as a Limited Company in 1887 wnen their predecessors, Ardwick, went bankrupt, some historians trace City"s origins as far back as 1880. It was then that that St Mark"s Church, West Gorton, decided to add a football section to their cricket club.

The church team was called West Gorton and played first on a pitch in Clowes Street, then at the Kirkmanshulme Cricket Club, Redgate Lane, and then at Clemington Park (nicknamed "Donkey Common" and now called Gorton Park).

black mamba said:
Absolutely ....... Gorton Park (Donkey Common!)

Although Manchester City were formed as a Limited Company in 1887 wnen their predecessors, Ardwick, went bankrupt, some historians trace City"s origins as far back as 1880. It was then that that St Mark"s Church, West Gorton, decided to add a football section to their cricket club.

The church team was called West Gorton and played first on a pitch in Clowes Street, then at the Kirkmanshulme Cricket Club, Redgate Lane, and then at Clemington Park (nicknamed "Donkey Common" and now called Gorton Park).

Spot on with the location of the ground but a few other errors i'm afraid. Ardwick was formed in 1887 and MCFC in 1894.

Cheers,

Gary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.