Query re getting away from the stadium after tomorrow's matc

vonksbignose

I've got to be in Doncaster for work at 7pm tomorrow, so I'm going to have to make a quick getaway after the match (or fingers crossed, after any potential trophy presentation) tomorrow evening.

My colleague has kindly agreed to pick me up from the stadium, but I'm not sure where to tell him to meet me, as I'm unsure of where any roadblocks may become active.

I want to be at the South Stand/East Stand side of the ground, as we'll be heading off up Hyde Road to get on the Woodhead Pass, so I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good place for him to park up and wait a couple of minutes for me if I'm not there when he arrives?

I was wondering whether he could park in ASDA car park for a few mnutes (he'd be staying in his car, obviously), or whether they have any barriers/security measures on matchdays, to prevent people from doing so?

Any help much appreciated, and apologies to the mods if I've put this in the wrong forum.

Re: Query re getting away from the stadium after tomorrow's

Roads normally blocked off upto asda so should be ok there

Should imagine Asda will be okay especially if he goes in and buys something. Hopefully a bottle of champagne and a cigar.. It shuts at 5pm

Quick jog up Grey Mare Lane, right and across the other side of Ashton Old Rd on Pottery Lane. Easy done.

Does the ASDA car park remain open, once the store is closed?

Midlands Blue said:
Quick jog up Grey Mare Lane, right and across the other side of Ashton Old Rd on Pottery Lane. Easy done.

Aye, this is what I would do if driver knows the area.

dobobobo said:
Midlands Blue said:

Surely you can't park up on Pottery Lane though? It's a main road (dual carriageway too off the top of my head)?

vonksbignose said:
dobobobo said:
Midlands Blue said:

Surely you can't park up on Pottery Lane though? It's a main road (dual carriageway too off the top of my head)?

Be alright if he's not there too long, half on pavement...and there's a bit of road used for parking further up near the railway bridge so could wait there. Al Turing Way is usually closed between Asda and Grey Mare Lane after the match, so if you park at Asda you'll have to go up Ashton New Rd to escape the chaos and get onto the M60/7

Albert St. at the side of the Eastlands Bar pub on Grey Mare Lane.

If your mate is sat in his car waiting for you then it's no problem. Plus it will be easier to get away down Grey Mare Lane and Alan Turing Way to Hyde Rd than it will be parking on the ASDA or McDonalds, mainly because of the road closures. Advise your mate to get to Albert St. via Ashton Old Rd side and not Ashton New Rd.

Midlands Blue said:
vonksbignose said:
dobobobo said:

Be alright if he's not there too long, half on pavement...and there's a bit of road used for parking further up near the railway bridge so could wait there. Al Turing Way is usually closed between Asda and Grey Mare Lane after the match, so if you park at Asda you'll have to go up Ashton New Rd to escape the chaos and get onto the M60/7

Aye and all the rozzers will be focused on the ground area.

If you want to play it safe though top end of Grey Mare Lane (end that meets Alan Turing Way) will be ok. There might be a cue to get out at that junction ...but all depends on how long you stay after the final whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.