Question about the City pub in NYC

IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
Off to NY tomorrow Friday for five days and the Mad Hatter is on our itinery, got a copy of the MEN to leave there lol

It's gonna be fucking HOT while you're here. Temps in the 30s C.
Kim or Diana...Best bartenders in NY, they'll take good care of you. Also, visit The Churchill a few blocks away on 29th & Park Ave. Run by Jonesey, a Hatter regular.
Oh, and..........
welcome.jpg

I met Diana and she's a really nice lady. She told me how she's not really into football but got so wrapped up in it.

GXCity said:
des hardi said:
failsworthblueboy said:
I'm in New York from 29th August for 7 nights and plan to watch the QPR game in the Mad Hatter, My lad will be 19 is it still 21 drink alcohol ?
should be....but then i hear tales of new york pub owners dragging people off the streets to sell booze. if it s kept cool,i can t see why not.

I get asked for ID everywhere in the US when i am out there and I am 37!
Yeah, my girlfriend and I both got IDed in Las Vegas a couple of years back. This is bearing in mind I was 33 at the time, and hadn't shaved for about a month so had a pretty decent beard on the go! Even if I was trying to REALLY flatter myself there's still fuck all way I looked younger than 25 yet alone 21!

Seen youngsters of all ages in the Hatter at game time, no prob, and when Lakey and Cook brought the PL trophy recently.

Underage drinking has become a hot topic, with cops running undercover ops and the like so pretty much every bar/resto will card for 21.

BTW, Churchills is on 28th not 29th (Daryl). Jonesey is from Blackley.

1_barry_conlon said:
Vagivoovoo said:
failsworthblueboy said:
So do you have to carry ID ?
You have to take your passport everywhere anyhow.

No you don't.

Correct. Lived here since September and my passport (and visa attached) is well and truly kept hidden away, if I lose it, I'm fucked! My driving licence is with me always though (and finally just applied for an American licence.)
Even at the grand old age of 49 I still get asked to show it in certain bars in Boston.

As for the Mad Hatter (and many other bars) if you are having a meal, kids are allowed in, no probs.
I was there when Lakey came with the trophy the other week, top night, loads of kids and a very young baby too!

I really wouldn't buy your 19 year old drinks though. I know it sounds pathetic, but they really are anally strict over here regarding buying alcohol. In my small town they only had ''liquor stores'' until a year ago - no bars were allowed, but they've just chilled on that one, but there are still more gun shops than bars, lets put it that way!

If you and your lad walk in the bar, and you ask for two beers or whatever, they will ask to see both ID's.

Enjoy the trip

failsworthblueboy said:
Barcon said:
GXCity said:
I get asked for ID everywhere in the US when i am out there and I am 37!

Lol, I got asked for I.D last christmas, downtown Toronto. I'm 48.

So do you have to carry ID ?
Yes. It is law in most states that you must have ID on you to be in the bar. Also, it is most likely that those under 21 are only allowed in before a certain time and must leave at that time, usually 9pm.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Vagivoovoo said:
You have to take your passport everywhere anyhow.

No you don't.

Correct. Lived here since September and my passport (and visa attached) is well and truly kept hidden away, if I lose it, I'm fucked! My driving licence is with me always though (and finally just applied for an American licence.)
Even at the grand old age of 49 I still get asked to show it in certain bars in Boston.

As for the Mad Hatter (and many other bars) if you are having a meal, kids are allowed in, no probs.
I was there when Lakey came with the trophy the other week, top night, loads of kids and a very young baby too!

I really wouldn't buy your 19 year old drinks though. I know it sounds pathetic, but they really are anally strict over here regarding buying alcohol. In my small town they only had ''liquor stores'' until a year ago - no bars were allowed, but they've just chilled on that one, but there are still more gun shops than bars, lets put it that way!

If you and your lad walk in the bar, and you ask for two beers or whatever, they will ask to see both ID's.

Enjoy the trip

Thanks mate! I'm sure we will, seems so strange 19 in America is old enough to join the army and old enough to be executed but don't you dare have a drink. Anyway when in Rome and all that stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.