Question Time

bellbuzzer said:
scall said:
Tory makes sense shocker. He said we should invest in all energy options. Which we should, as we need a balanced energy plan.

Ahh, that lad made the point I was wondering....we're an island nation, what about tidal power?

The Bristol Channel has enough energy to power the country, unfortunately no grandee owns it (unlike windfarms) so it is ignored. America has hundreds of abandoned windfarms like we will, once the subsidy runs out so does the private sector.

I live about a mile from those big fuck off windmills. gues what? when its too windy , they are turned off. I rarely see all 24 turning.
Impressive engineering ,yes . Ugly as fuck tho.

bellbuzzer said:
scall said:
Tory makes sense shocker. He said we should invest in all energy options. Which we should, as we need a balanced energy plan.

Ahh, that lad made the point I was wondering....we're an island nation, what about tidal power?

The Bristol Channel has enough energy to power the country, unfortunately no grandee owns it (unlike windfarms) so it is ignored. America has hundreds of abandoned windfarms like we will, once the subsidy runs out so does the private sector.
It has been estimated that the barrage can only produce 15.6 TWh/yr using current technology efficiencies; total UK electricity supply is 383.6 TWh/yr. So only 4% of current electricity demand. At £34bn estimate cost in 2010 I could understand the lack of interest in the current economic situation from the government to subsidise the project, but now there has been interested private companies willing to pay the full amount. It is going to take at least 9 years to build so continuing to delay is just going to keep increasing the cost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.