Question - World Cup Winners (Merged)

Re: Question?

Without going into deep research I'd have guessed possibly one of the Milan clubs. 2006 was Italy beating France with Germany 3rd, so I suppose there's a fair chance that they might have had one from each.

Italians are quite parochial and not that many play abroad, and especially not Spain, so that probably rules Barca or Real Madrid out. That only really leaves Serie A or the Premier League which are cosmopolitan enough to have so many nationalities.

So we could indeed be the first one. I'll await someone else researching deeper though!!

Re: Question?

Real Madrid

winner: Christian Karembeu
runner-up: Roberto Carlos
third: Davor Suker

Same year also

AC Milan

winner: Marcel Desailly
runners-up: Leonardo & Andre Cruz
third: Zvonomir Boban<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:26 pm --<br /><br />And in 2002:

Bayer Leverkusen

winner: Lucio
runners up: Carsten Ramelow, Oliver Neuville, Michael Ballack, Bernd Schneider, Hans Jorg Butt
third: Yildiray Basturk

City finish 1-2-3 in the World Cup

Now that Germany have done their part by helping Jerome Boateng to a 3rd place medal I was wondering if we have ever had City players in first, second, and third before? Has any club done that before? It seems like a fairly rare feat.

EDIT - Apologies for missing the topic below entitled "Question?"

Re: City finish 1-2-3 in the World Cup

AC Milan & Real Madrid in 1998
Bayer Leverkusen in 2002

Thanks for the answers lads. Like other people have said it is good company to be in.
I sent the question to a lot of mates red and blue via text message and unsurprisingly got a lot of "sad ****" reaction from the rags. It's great knowing that they are shitting themselves but none of them will admit it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.