Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Something new at M1 yesterday. The steward said 'Do you consent to a search' before commencing. As he had a weird sort of Geordie accent and was mumbling he had to say it twice before I understood what he was asking me.
I must have had the same one, he said something incomprehensible, and I had to ask him to repeat it.

What happens if you say you "don't consent" ? Never been asked before.

@BlueMoonRisin’ was nearby I think. I watched it all from the front of 211.

Showsec cunts since Maine Road (Fuck Off Showsec chants every home game)
That's right mate. I was in row M and one particular steward tried to get us to sit every game. He managed to get a few to sit near the isle and he told me to sit so i told him to fuck off as did several others. One game he lost his cool and tried dragging the old chap at the front and got quite a few punches off angry blues. Since that game(in 2010 iirc) Showsec became a lot more tolerant and lenient towards those that were standing up in109.

I’m in CB level 2, always greet the Steward with a bit of politeness as do a lot of people and we get treated well, it’s a 2 way thing, those people are probably working for minimum wage, it doesn’t take much to make them feel appreciated, give it a gohad very pleasant, polite stewards and some right power crazy
Like you, I try to treat the stewards with respect as I'd like to be if I did their job.
Most of them are pleasant enough I've found but I have also come across some that just see it as some kind of strange power trip where they get off on the 'control' thing.
After a recent game I got talking to a very pleasant young lad who was a steward.
He was actually a City fan, but he did say that he knew a few United fans who worked The Etihad. This young lad said that the Stewards are treated better than at the Swamp as their welfare is considered more and apparently they are offered a drink and something to eat .
Having said this, they probably are still on minimum wage though as you say.

I've just had an email from City stating that as a concessionary season ticket holder, I maybe required to show proof of age that I qualify for an over 65 season card.
So driving licence alongside my bus pass in my card wallet.
Thats weird, as I let my mate in every game as he does not have a compatible phone FOC !!! he's on over 65 SC and wen I scanned him in it at turnstiles it went yellow and let him in. It has always been green like any other person so maybe they have changed the lighting on entrance to show concessions

Thats weird, as I let my mate in every game as he does not have a compatible phone FOC !!! he's on over 65 SC and wen I scanned him in it at turnstiles it went yellow and let him in. It has always been green like any other person so maybe they have changed the lighting on entrance to show concessions
It always used to show a different colour for concessions (it was my youngest daughter on an under 16 season card when The Etihad first opened).
Then the different colour lights were stopped during COVID 19.
Maybe City have decided to be a bit more stringent about concessionary tickets and who is actually using them.

It always used to show a different colour for concessions (it was my youngest daughter on an under 16 season card when The Etihad first opened).
Then the different colour lights were stopped during COVID 19.
Maybe City have decided to be a bit more stringent about concessionary tickets and who is actually using them.
Aw I see. Ive only been letting him in last couple seasons since they stopped the cards. He never got challenged...mind u he looks 80 :o)

Could we be getting searched more as close to away fans N1 is not? What's it like at entrances for lower tier next to fans

Re the new requirement for ID

For over 65s you can have a photo of your passport on your phone rather than actually taking any physical ID such as a driving licence. I'd advise a scan rather than a photo as it should be much sharper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.