Quick Alternative Transfers

BusterPhillips

So looks like all of our first and second choice transfers have fell through, with this in mind can you think of any modest transfers who are achievable and could do a job for us?

Here's my take on some players who would be available;

Def:
Dawson - spurs
Douglas - Twente

Mid:
Bigila - Anderlecth
McCarthy - Wigan

Wg:
Bastos - Lyon
Sinclair - Swansea

Can you guys think of any?

lmjones1uk said:
So looks like all of our first and second choice transfers have fell through, with this in mind can you think of any modest transfers who are achievable and could do a job for us?

Def:
Dawson - spurs
Douglas - Twente

Mid:
Bigila - Anderlecth
McCarthy - Wigan

Wg:
Bastos - Lyon
Sinclair - Swansea

Decent suggestions. I think Godin at CB might be worth a gamble if we are interested.

lmjones1uk said:

Def:
Dawson - spurs
Douglas - Twente

Mid:
Bigila - Anderlecth
McCarthy - Wigan

Wg:
Bastos - Lyon
Sinclair - Swansea

Defo not Dawson. Bastos has been round for yrs so not sure what sort of impact he would have. I've never seen Douglas or that bloke from Anderlecth and I can't see McCarthy being much of an improvement

Looking at that list, people would be forgiven for forgetting we are in the Champions League

Dont think Dawson would be a signing that would interest us. but the rest would be decent.

Possibly Dede from Vasco De Gama in the Brazilian league. Very very good young player, not to dear. possibly about 10 million.

Blue Hefner said:
lmjones1uk said:

Def:
Dawson - spurs
Douglas - Twente

Mid:
Bigila - Anderlecth
McCarthy - Wigan

Wg:
Bastos - Lyon
Sinclair - Swansea

Defo not Dawson. Bastos has been round for yrs so not sure what sort of impact he would have. I've never seen Douglas or that bloke from Anderlecth and I can't see McCarthy being much of an improvement

Looking at that list, people would be forgiven for forgetting we are in the Champions League

Sometimes we just need a player with certain traits, such the passing and vision of McCarthy and Biligia or the pace and crossing ability of Bastos.

They could do a job until next season as we've left it too late to get quality in now.

lmjones1uk said:
Blue Hefner said:
lmjones1uk said:

Def:
Dawson - spurs
Douglas - Twente

Mid:
Bigila - Anderlecth
McCarthy - Wigan

Wg:
Bastos - Lyon
Sinclair - Swansea

Sometimes we just need a player with certain traits, such the passing and vision of McCarthy and Biligia or the pace and crossing ability of Bastos.

They could do a job until next season as we've left it too late to get quality in now.

The trouble with that is trying to get rid of them. I'd happily have any player on loan for a year to see what they are about but its dangerous territory buying players full-time to cover a short-term problem(see Bellamy/Bridge etc)

You look at debt stricken clubs with good players if you want a quick transfer. ie. Benat at Betis (though Wolfsburg are in for him), Godin at Atletico, Musacchio at Villarreal, three good players at clubs deep in debt.

Swansea got Michu for £2million from debt ridden Vallecano. 2 goals in his debut after 15 in Europe's second best league last season. Crazy.

Soulboy said:
Jagielka. Better than Agger.

Sturridge. Better than Sinclair.

But neither are good enough for a side that Mancini wants to be competing with Barcelona and Real Madrid in a couple of years.

This transfer window has been absolutely Shambolic. We could gain Rodwell and Sinclair and lose Johnson and de Jong. I don't see any improvement to the squad whatsoever and if we get a tough group I can see us going out of the CL early again.

Soulboy said:
Jagielka. Better than Agger.

Sturridge. Better than Sinclair.

Good shouts. Jagielka would be solid backup and he's a Blue, think Everton would be reluctant to sell though.

Sturridge is a little twat, but he's our twat, and he's twice the player Sinclair is.

LoveCity said:
You look at debt stricken clubs with good players if you want a quick transfer. ie. Benat at Betis (though Wolfsburg are in for him), Godin at Atletico, Musacchio at Villarreal, three good players at clubs deep in debt.

Swansea got Michu for £2million from debt ridden Vallecano. 2 goals in his debut after 15 in Europe's second best league last season. Crazy.

From the little that I've seen of him, Benat is a very tidy little player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.