R.I.P. Sid Waddell.

I always thought he was the best thing that could have happened to Sky Sports football coverage. So, so much that the pundits could have learned from this guy. Sad loss.

First opportunity I've had to post since the announcement.

R.I.P. Sid Waddell - aged treble 16, double 12!!

Heard the news about an hour before the Charity Shield and felt genuinely sad.

As a big fan of darts, have grown up listening to Sid, laughing loudly at many of his analogies.

Legend is a word used too frequently these days, so I'd like to refer to Sid as an icon - synonymous with the game he loved.

Sleep well, Sid.

Sid waddell rest in peace.Not just a great commentater but a great story writer loved jossys giants

ctidcarl said:
First opportunity I've had to post since the announcement.

R.I.P. Sid Waddell - aged treble 16, double 12!!

Heard the news about an hour before the Charity Shield and felt genuinely sad.

As a big fan of darts, have grown up listening to Sid, laughing loudly at many of his analogies.

Legend is a word used too frequently these days, so I'd like to refer to Sid as an icon - synonymous with the game he loved.

Sleep well, Sid.

Top post Carl

I grew up with the Bristow-Deller rivalry.

My first foray into sport, that I can remember, was as a 3 year old and willing the 'Crafty Cockney' to win. It ended in tears. Mine!!

Sid Waddell was and forever will be a name that is associated with the game of darts. A well educated chap too which is often overlooked (Cambridge).

Not many people get Stephen Fry lauding over their vocabulary and delivery.

RIP Sid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.