Racist Chanting

[

I would love for us to get a giant flag/banner for the return leg saying how we welcome all. I can't think of anything more inspiring for our players to see. Send a statement to the world showing what we are about.[/quote]

I agree with this statement, Great idea. Lets show the WORLD and his dog that MCFC ARE A CLUB THAT WELCOMES EVERYBODY as all great clubs should do.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Bigga said:
Blue Smarties said:
Having read Mourinho's comments, I take the same stance as him. Fight the thousands.

I don't take that stance at all.

Boycotting it would diminish the essence of the World Cup and leave it like an empty shell.

It's the only way to get through to money grabbing likes of Blatter and co.

It's been played their way too long.

If the black players don't turn up then the racists get what they want. Plus what if some black players don't want to miss the World Cup, maybe because it could be their last or they're just not offended in the same way (everyone takes a different level of offence to things) - do those black players then get persecuted and ostracised by those organising the boycott? Like workers who wanted to work through strikes were persecuted by the Unions.

Should the Jewish players also pull out due to Eastern European anti-semitism? Should some countries pull out due to all the xenophobic chanting at international football matches?

It's a ridiculous idea devoid of all common sense and blown stupidly out of proportion.

Nothing you say ever surprises me. I/ we are pretty accustomed to your thought process. Have you ever heard the term 'willing to lose a battle in order to win the war'?? This is the exact same sentiment.

It would only be in the hollowest of fashions that the racists would regard this as a 'victory'. The long term impact? Russia being seen as a place that you would not want to go to or deal with until it got its house in order. Anything sporting that involved international parties would deteriorate rapidly and Russia would be left to its own cocoon of believing it is a place of tolerance.

In fact, there is no greater time for Blacks, Jews, Gay and Lesbian parties to unite in showing this backward place it will not attend a country where abuse is tolerated.

I know who you would stand with, but I would gladly stand side-by-side against people who would fight places of oppression until they see that we are ALL Human Beings.

Absolutely on the nail Bigga- since I read that post from the great appeaser I have been seething - and you have summed up my feelings exactly .

Bigga said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Bigga said:
I don't take that stance at all.

Boycotting it would diminish the essence of the World Cup and leave it like an empty shell.

It's the only way to get through to money grabbing likes of Blatter and co.

It's been played their way too long.

If the black players don't turn up then the racists get what they want. Plus what if some black players don't want to miss the World Cup, maybe because it could be their last or they're just not offended in the same way (everyone takes a different level of offence to things) - do those black players then get persecuted and ostracised by those organising the boycott? Like workers who wanted to work through strikes were persecuted by the Unions.

Should the Jewish players also pull out due to Eastern European anti-semitism? Should some countries pull out due to all the xenophobic chanting at international football matches?

It's a ridiculous idea devoid of all common sense and blown stupidly out of proportion.

Nothing you say ever surprises me. I/ we are pretty accustomed to your thought process. Have you ever heard the term 'willing to lose a battle in order to win the war'?? This is the exact same sentiment.

It would only be in the hollowest of fashions that the racists would regard this as a 'victory'. The long term impact? Russia being seen as a place that you would not want to go to or deal with until it got its house in order. Anything sporting that involved international parties would deteriorate rapidly and Russia would be left to its own cocoon of believing it is a place of tolerance.

In fact, there is no greater time for Blacks, Jews, Gay and Lesbian parties to unite in showing this backward place it will not attend a country where abuse is tolerated.

I know who you would stand with, but I would gladly stand side-by-side against people who would fight places of oppression until they see that we are ALL Human Beings.

I see both sides of the argument(going/not going, not JOTL's point), however I do think that if one player is going to not go then it's going to end up being brushed under the carpet. Every black player and member of coaching staff would have to join them (as well as as many as possible from other denominations) which would mean no World Cup, which would be a power movement like nothing else in sport but it won't happen sadly.

On a lighter note I hope they all boycott Qatar because it's a stupid idea, be funny if no-one turns up to either 2018 or 2022 to spite FIFA for ruining football.

Silvasleftfoot said:
[

I would love for us to get a giant flag/banner for the return leg saying how we welcome all. I can't think of anything more inspiring for our players to see. Send a statement to the world showing what we are about.

I agree with this statement, Great idea. Lets show the WORLD and his dog that MCFC ARE A CLUB THAT WELCOMES EVERYBODY as all great clubs should do.

Yeah, we should a nice banner as supporters .... any specific idea ? I would do the banner in Russian :)

alberto0292 said:
Silvasleftfoot said:
[

I would love for us to get a giant flag/banner for the return leg saying how we welcome all. I can't think of anything more inspiring for our players to see. Send a statement to the world showing what we are about.

Yeah, we should a nice banner as supporters .... any specific idea ? I would do the banner in Russian :)

"All colours welcome here". With the letters in different colours.

alberto0292 said:
Silvasleftfoot said:
[

WE SUPPORT YAYA TOURE

BAN CSKA

BOYCOTT WORLD CUP 2018

AdamoTheGreat said:
MCFC являемся клубом, который приветствует всех!

Send this to Danny Wilson & ask if the club will get it made on behalf of the fans - we'll do the rest when they pass it over to us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.