Racist tweets

To the older generation..... did you ever learn the rhyme....

Sticks and stones will break my bones
But words will never hurt me?

I never condoned name calling then and I certainly don't now. I just cannot understand why the generation of today need to be so protected and why they are not encouraged to be the better person and turn the other cheek, racist, fat, ugly, spotty and any other disfigurements that they may have.

Top level footballers earn enough money to be able to accept any kind of criticism IMO.

I never condoned name calling then and I certainly don't now. I just cannot understand why the generation of today need to be so protected and why they are not encouraged to be the better person and turn the other cheek, racist, fat, ugly, spotty and any other disfigurements that they may have.

Top level footballers earn enough money to be able to accept any kind of criticism IMO.
Some truth in that, but clearly things can go too far and need action.
However, that said, when social media was in it's infancy the poster did have to prepare themselves for not everyone thinking what they wrote or posted was amazingly wonderful. Nowadays if you disagree or don't happen to think they are fantastic - it's "bullying".
Not applying this to racism and it's unfortunate this need emphasising, as it's obviously abhorent and needs stamping out by law enforcement as well as awareness.

Yes I did, and it's bollox. I'm sure I could call you something that would piss you off.

I’m pretty sure there is zero correlation whatsoever between a person’s job/earnings and whether or not they should accept racial abuse. Zero.

Just read about the dick head who live streamed himself racially abusing Rashford, Saka and Sancho after the Euro final. This chap is 52 years of age and has just been sent down for ten weeks. A colleague sounded out Facebook and the Police.

So for the sake of getting a few likes from equally brain-dead individuals, he has lost pretty much everything, and now will spend the next 5 weeks at least in one of her Majesty's finest.

There really are some absolute cunts out there.

Okay, it was on Facebook, not Twitter. Still a form of social media, though. How thick must you be, though, to post a video of yourself spewing out racist abuse, for everyone to see it. And to turn down the chance to delete it, when asked. You may as well walk around with one of those old sandwich boards proclaiming you to be a racist. Of course, he's perfectly entitled to hold repugnant views in his private life. You're not entitled to post them on social media, though. Ah well, he's got 10 weeks to think about his "missing link" episode.

This is a very bad take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.