Radio Manchester

Wonder what some of you lot are buying, my bog standard DAB in the car (part of a run of the mill garmin setup) never drops out, even in a tunnel.

Was in work for the first half hour and only had FM radio
They had Bolton commentary on but when they got reports about the local teams for updates they didn't go to Cardiff

How do you listen to this digital station? Went on the iPlayer app it didnt work due to licensing or something, tried online same again, tried on the bose DAB radio and had the same message something about live coverage.

I also can't get GMR DAB to work on my DAB radio. It seem to work fine in the week but when the football is on it goes awol.

Why cant some other local FM station start covering city. Must be a market out there considering GMR have abandoned their listners.

How do you listen to this digital station? Went on the iPlayer app it didnt work due to licensing or something, tried online same again, tried on the bose DAB radio and had the same message something about live coverage.

Not allowed to broadcast on the iPlayer App as this is internet streaming, could be used territories that they are not licensed for. If you are outside the greater Manchester area then you wont get Radio Manchester on the airways. The City website matchday centre can be used to listen to the Radio Manchester commentary within the UK

DAB is, and has always been piss poor in a car with the signal forever dropping out as you are driving along. Yes, there is less interference than with AM, but this is preferable to no signal at all. This is even after signal strengths were increased a few years ago

Add to this that if you have a windscreen mounted DAB aerial (came installed in car) they aren’t as good as a rooftop aerial and the signal is badly attenuated by poorly shielded electronics e.g. phone charging cable and especially dashcam.

Project shielding is underway but in truth FM with RDS is still the best option in a built up and hilly area.

It’s fine with my 2 home DAB radios which I can move to a different part of the room, but I’m not driving on the other side of the road just to pick up a better signal.

So keep City commentary on 95.6 MHz FM and 104.6 MHz FM (for us Tamesiders) please BBC.

I have no problem at all with DAB in any car I drive, I never use anything else, in fact DAB never cuts out even through short tunnels where FM always use to. DAB radios will also seek the strongest signal for national radio stations and select that as your drive through transmitter regions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.