Rafa Benitez

MikeF said:
haha i can never quite fathom why he's linked with other 'top' jobs, I must be missing something...

He won 2 La Liga titles and the Uefa cup in 3 years with Valencia! He also won the Champions League with Liverpool at the first time of asking and came runner-up 2 years later (How long did it take 'ol purple nose to reach 2 Champions League finals)! I think that is a remarkable record.

His main problem is that he is not entirely suited to English League football. A reason for this could be the massive upheaval at the club every year, as Benitez has to sell a load of players before he can reinvest in the squad. It is very difficult for so many new players to gel and produce week in and week out in the League (especially when he does not have the budget to buy top players, Torres being an exception). Despite these difficulties he still had a decent shot at the title last year. I can definitely understand why lots of top European teams (who do not have the same budget constraints as Liverpool) are interested in his services and I can see him having a lot of success at his future club(s).

hbruz80 said:
MikeF said:
haha i can never quite fathom why he's linked with other 'top' jobs, I must be missing something...

He won 2 La Liga titles and the Uefa cup in 3 years with Valencia! He also won the Champions League with Liverpool at the first time of asking and came runner-up 2 years later (How long did it take 'ol purple nose to reach 2 Champions League finals)! I think that is a remarkable record.

His main problem is that he is not entirely suited to English League football. A reason for this could be the massive upheaval at the club every year, as Benitez has to sell a load of players before he can reinvest in the squad. It is very difficult for so many new players to gel and produce week in and week out in the League (especially when he does not have the budget to buy top players, Torres being an exception). Despite these difficulties he still had a decent shot at the title last year. I can definitely understand why lots of top European teams (who do not have the same budget constraints as Liverpool) are interested in his services and I can see him having a lot of success at his future club(s).

Agree with this completely. I just can't understand why rafa is not as successful in english football as he was in spanish football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.