Rags on this forum

M24-CRC said:
Ricster said:
Doesn't help when our own fans are calling the "Munes" A clear term for Munich.

Page 3 of the CS thread if anyone is interested.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227890&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227890&start=20</a>

Maybe we should get our own shit in order first before worrying about what other fans are saying about us.

Referreing to them as munichs is the term that has been used by most city fans i know in the 30+ years i have been going to the match.
You will never get rid of that term being used as it is now just a slang word that people use without really thinking of its origin.
We won't be discussing this here. I will say however that because most city fans YOU know use the term doesn't mean most City fans in general use the term. Most City fans I know think using the term is unacceptable and abhorent, but there you go.

uch on the other thread a guys rag mate cant get tickets for the rag end so has signed up for our BLUE MEMBERSHIP and bought tickets to sit in OUR end i bloody HATE THAT

CITY AGGRO, CITY AGGRO, WHHHAAA, WHHHAAA!!!

lets find them and fucking do them. or, we could all get carried away and turn on each other, rather than have the banter with our rivals

grow up you bunch of fucking babies!!!!

Matty said:
Nobody knows anyone is a rag, not even the oracle that is mcfcliam. You may well suspect some is, but you don't know. Some of the people being accused of being rags will most likely not be, and for them it must be hugely frustrating and annoying to be tarred with the shitty red brush.

I've no doubt we have a fair few rags mascarading as City fans and thinking they're ever so clever pulling the wool over our eyes. Utlimately I find it all a little sad, why bother? There's one particular member who has been arousing suspicions with his posting (I won't tell you who, and I don't want you to think this is an opportunity to go rag hunting), and he's got over 1000 posts. Now, should this be true, how pathetic does your life have to be to post over 1000 messages on the website of a club you hate? I couldn't bring myself to post more even 1 message on Red Issue.

If we end up with conclusive proof, or at least so much circumstantial evidence that it becomes unlikely the outcome is anything other than the poster being a rag, then we'll deal with it and ban the perpetrators. What we don't need is fellow City fans being hounded from the board by our own self appointed ragfinder generals.

There's one on here that has a post count of thousands and has been a member for years.
Can't prove it though so no point in getting upset. It's him who is the pathetic sad twat.

Matty said:
M24-CRC said:
Ricster said:
Doesn't help when our own fans are calling the "Munes" A clear term for Munich.

Page 3 of the CS thread if anyone is interested.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227890&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227890&start=20</a>

Maybe we should get our own shit in order first before worrying about what other fans are saying about us.

Referreing to them as munichs is the term that has been used by most city fans i know in the 30+ years i have been going to the match.
You will never get rid of that term being used as it is now just a slang word that people use without really thinking of its origin.
We won't be discussing this here. I will say however that because most city fans YOU know use the term doesn't mean most City fans in general use the term. Most City fans I know think using the term is unacceptable and abhorent, but there you go.

Fair enough, i was just expressing my opinion of why the term is used in answer to the poster who brought it up.
And in response to your post we will never know the exact percentage ratio of fans who do and dont use the term and also whether I know more fans than you ;-)

stony said:
Matty said:
Nobody knows anyone is a rag, not even the oracle that is mcfcliam. You may well suspect some is, but you don't know. Some of the people being accused of being rags will most likely not be, and for them it must be hugely frustrating and annoying to be tarred with the shitty red brush.

I've no doubt we have a fair few rags mascarading as City fans and thinking they're ever so clever pulling the wool over our eyes. Utlimately I find it all a little sad, why bother? There's one particular member who has been arousing suspicions with his posting (I won't tell you who, and I don't want you to think this is an opportunity to go rag hunting), and he's got over 1000 posts. Now, should this be true, how pathetic does your life have to be to post over 1000 messages on the website of a club you hate? I couldn't bring myself to post more even 1 message on Red Issue.

If we end up with conclusive proof, or at least so much circumstantial evidence that it becomes unlikely the outcome is anything other than the poster being a rag, then we'll deal with it and ban the perpetrators. What we don't need is fellow City fans being hounded from the board by our own self appointed ragfinder generals.

There's one on here that has a post count of thousands and has been a member for years.
Can't prove it though so no point in getting upset. It's him who is the pathetic sad twat.

lol, nice try, superb bit of misdirection, but I've always thought you were a bit whiffy

Didsbury Dave said:
I gave up pointing them out to the mods a while ago...most are pretty blind to it, or at least ultra-liberal - innocent until proven guilty and all that.

They are easy to spot and more appear during the school holidays. It's fun to flush them out, though.

To be fair, that's probably the best and fairest approach they can take to be honest, they risk causing even more uproar and controversey by doing it any other way.

It must be pretty upsetting for any genuine City fan to be called a 'rag', usually just for airing an opinion that is a bit different to that of most. At the end of the day, they just want to come on a City forum and debate about City with their fellow supporters and have fun, so not being allowed to do this and being accused of supporting the team they hate most must upset them quite a bit. It's quite unfair the way the word 'Rag' is banded about on this forum. It's even worse when some of the City fans who get this word thrown at them have had a City season ticket for many years, and have put a lot of passion into cheering the team on.
If you don't know these people personally and/or have only read a very small sample of posts from them, then it isn't really your business to go calling them a 'Rag', you cannot be justified in doing this as you just don't know, no matter how much you think you do.

Why the heck would any United fan even WANT to pretend to be a City fan? Why? What ever do they gain from doing that? Do they take pride from being able to say to themselves they go on another forum and pretending to support their biggest rivals? Surely you would want everybody to know if you are a fan of United or any other team, as, a, then you don't risk being treated like a City fan when you're not, and, b) It would make it a lot easier to have debates if everyone knows you're coming from a different angle from the rest of the forum. There could even be some friendly banter that comes in the future if you make it clear you support another team rather than try to disguise it.

Motty said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I gave up pointing them out to the mods a while ago...most are pretty blind to it, or at least ultra-liberal - innocent until proven guilty and all that.

They are easy to spot and more appear during the school holidays. It's fun to flush them out, though.

To be fair, that's probably the best and fairest approach they can take to be honest, they risk causing even more uproar and controversey by doing it any other way.

It must be pretty upsetting for any genuine City fan to be called a 'rag', usually just for airing an opinion that is a bit different to that of most. At the end of the day, they just want to come on a City forum and debate about City with their fellow supporters and have fun, so not being allowed to do this and being accused of supporting the team they hate most must upset them quite a bit. It's quite unfair the way the word 'Rag' is banded about on this forum. It's even worse when some of the City fans who get this word thrown at them have had a City season ticket for many years, and have put a lot of passion into cheering the team on.
If you don't know these people personally and/or have only read a very small sample of posts from them, then it isn't really your business to go calling them a 'Rag', you cannot be justified in doing this as you just don't know, no matter how much you think you do.

Why the heck would any United fan even WANT to pretend to be a City fan? Why? What ever do they gain from doing that? Do they take pride from being able to say to themselves they go on another forum and pretending to support their biggest rivals? Surely you would want everybody to know if you are a fan of United or any other team, as, a, then you don't risk being treated like a City fan when you're not, and, b) It would make it a lot easier to have debates if everyone knows you're coming from a different angle from the rest of the forum. There could even be some friendly banter that comes in the future if you make it clear you support another team rather than try to disguise it.

That sounds awfully like something a rag would say.........

:0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.