Rags vs Dippers

Got a sneaky feeling liverpool might win this, which would probably kick off their season. Im actually hoping for a united win but in a replay, i really dont want a liverpool revival. Especially when you think about the amount of shite theyd talk in the press about them.

toffeetom said:
Come on United.

The usual rag/Everton love-in rears it's ugly head again I see!

They've not even kicked off yet and the rags are singing about us in their legendary "u-n-i-t-e-d" song...

dw7 said:
united win but want a draw to give them an extra game
Completely outside our sphere of influence but, yes, an exhaustingly frantic hacking match with injuries galore teetering out to a bad tempered draw with replay to follow would be a nice little gift to my amusement.
What tickles me in anticipation is what side will the figure of hate will put on the pitch? If the old mean bastard puts out a strong side then he's showing fear of a dipper team that's firmly in the doldrums but if he puts out a strong side and loses he'll be castigated by the so called 'loyal rags'.
It's a bit of a lose / lose situation for the rags - beat the dippers and it was expected / lose to the dippers and it's deep embarassment / field a strong side and pick up injuries to regular 1st team players and that's a tactical error given that they're pushed to keep their squad fit for their main target competitions.
As is, the rags have actually been playing some pretty shit footie so far this season and the unbeaten statistic overstates the standard of their performances.
Added thought is that the rags have a recent history of pressing on after christmas (due to squad strength at the swamp compared to squad strength elsewhere) - I'm not convinved that's going to happen this year because history's being rewritten in the prem this year on a number of fronts. Also worth considering that the old boys in the rag squad are already talking of retirement at the end of the season (must be feeling their age eh?) and that's virtue of the fact that they haven't had the funds to reinvest properly for a couple of seasons. . . are their youngsters ready to come through as yet? I wouldn't bet on it and I have a sneaky feeling that their stuttering performances to date will go on a downturn into the last quarter of the season with a nose-dive at the start of next unless ocean finance can be persuaded to lend more to an already stretched client.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.