Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Sterling has been better during the CL this year, he shows flashes in the league but he seems to run defenders ragged in Europe, tonight, Barcelona,etc. I hope he can play that level more consistently, with him Sane and Jesus running at defenses it's a scary proposition

It's because against decent and good European teams actually want to play. That leaves him space. Pace and directness without space is Navas...

Sterling is class, he gets more chance to show that in Europe.

I feel Sterling has been better during the CL this year, he shows flashes in the league but he seems to run defenders ragged in Europe, tonight, Barcelona,etc. I hope he can play that level more consistently, with him Sane and Jesus running at defenses it's a scary proposition

It's because European games are open, 2 almost equal teams playing each other, so he gets space to show us what he can do.

Hard to do that in the league when the opposition puts 11 men behind the ball, certainly part of his game he'll look to work on.

Well done Raz Al Ghoul, loves this competition... and poundland... and diamond sinks...

Outstanding tonight. As much as there left fullback did ok going forward Sterling was beating him for fun going the other way and we should have tried to expose this more often. Nice to have quick forwards who will look to beat people.

Attacks the far post. Can't explain enough how much I love that he actually attacks the far post. So many goals to be had from doing that and he's the only one in our entire squad who does. Had a great game tonight, he's not got the on the ball skills of Sane but his off the ball work is top quality, constantly making threatening runs into the right areas and he's improving with his little through balls down the sides of defenders like for the Aguero goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.