Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has impressed me with Sterling (and even Sergio) is the way they are becoming two footed players. In Sterlings case, he has not scored a blinder yet, but he’s not affaid to have a crack with it. That will serve him, and us, well in the future, because forcing him one way will not give defenders any solace, just as we see with Leroy and KDB right now. That HAS TO be down to Pep trying to turn the strikers into two footed players.

If he scored the first sitter he may not have had any more chances throughout the match. We are thankful it didn't see Spuds score and equaliser before we sealed the match and he bagged not one, but two goals.

If we're going down the line he could have scored 'X' amount with all the chances, then fuck me Aguero could be on 400 by now.

What has impressed me with Sterling (and even Sergio) is the way they are becoming two footed players. In Sterlings case, he has not scored a blinder yet, but he’s not affaid to have a crack with it. That will serve him, and us, well in the future, because forcing him one way will not give defenders any solace, just as we see with Leroy and KDB right now. That HAS TO be down to Pep trying to turn the strikers into two footed players.
the southampton goal was a blinder for sure

edit: oops missed the left foot bit

Last edited:
What's weird about Sané and Sterling for me is the games they play best in.

I find Sané tends to shine in open games. When there's space he's got room to run and can absolutely wreak havoc, as we saw against Tottenham. Although in games where we're up against a packed defence he struggles a bit more with the ball, and his runs are a lot easier to deal with. In either case his positioning and running is always ideal.

Conversely, Sterling tends to prosper in tighter affairs. His close control and ability to dribble in the middle of the pitch is an invaluable asset and has really helped us this season. His performances against United and Chelsea springs to mind. But the recent games against parked buses have been his best, and I don't think that's a coincidence. In more open games like against Tottenham, he seems to suffer from having too much time to think. Like Sané with tighter defences, he still plays well but it's not his peak. As ever, his movement and positioning is excellent.

I think they'll both improve on these fronts; the signs are there. Sané's passing is becoming much more intelligent and Sterling's becoming a lot more ballsy with his plays so they should hit the overall heights we expect as early as next season with some luck and endevour.

Not a blinder but he took this one well on his left

I think Pep had already given up on David Silva's right foot! I could have been David Silva but I've got two right feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.