Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second highest scorer is definitely going to be one of the first names mentioned in any team actually - and any winger pushing 30 goals a season will be remembered as great if he can repeat it, which he quite clearly can.

Perhaps people like you won't mention him, but the rest of us will still be around to tell you you're full of shit, and remind you of all the last minute winners and points he earned this side, don't worry about that.

Full of shit eh ? That is you lad,I mean don't let a stat get in the way of a debate,I've had a few PM's agreeing with me,but they don't want to get involved with the likes of you,don't worry I'll stand my ground with you and your geeky stats

Full of shit eh ? That is you lad,I mean don't let a stat get in the way of a debate,I've had a few PM's agreeing with me,but they don't want to get involved with the likes of you,don't worry I'll stand my ground with you and your geeky stats

Very few things mark out a complete idiot more convincingly than denouncing facts as "geeky stats".

He's our second highest scorer. He's scored half a dozen last minute goals to save us. These are not things you can pretend didn't happen, your opinion he's shit does not overrule those facts.

When this season, and any silverware alongside it is remembered, Raheem Sterling's last minute goals against Everton, Bournemouth, Southampton and Huddersfield, putting us 7 points ahead of where we'd be without them, will be remembered.

Last edited:
I believe in what I say,if you feel happy in dragging the subject back up then I'm happy to argue my points with you all day,as you are hopefully realising,a forum is for open debate,stats tell half of the story.

Let me make a point of the 2 assists recently v West Brom for example,which many are getting giddy (excited) about,the goal assist for KDB goal,well,watch it,he cuts the ball back and it could have easily been intercepted by a defender,it was a cut back that came off,so great,we scored,the Aguero assist was what we need to see Sterling doing,running fast at a tired West Brom defence,where nobody could touch him for the fear of a card,he managed to stay on his feet and prod the ball to Aguero,who finished,I'm glad it wasn't the other way round or the ball would have been in the stands.

Now let me explain the "fondly" comment which has been twisted,as per usual on here,my original comment was in 10 years time,when we look back at this recent and current crop,Sterling will not be one of the first names mentioned,nothing to do with fondness,just not mentioned as a great,there is a difference

If you can confidently write the bolded parts above, as you have, and that's fine, then surely it's incumbent on you to tell us at what point Sterling gets involved with the KDB goal? The whole truth? hint: watch Rolee's video of the goal.

PS: I don't doubt you believe what you say.

Just had a word with ano Evertonion on site. Hated Sterling, why ? Not because he's a ex red, but because he's a greedy bastard! I mentioned the vile mercenary Rooney then told him to fucked off. Now, isn't it funny how the press have made him this figure of hate and half the time people don't actually know why they hate him. 19 goals and counting. CTID

City's PL record without his contributions:

Pld: 26, W: 17, D: 7, L: 2, GS: 54, GC: 19, GD: +35, Pts: 58.

So we'd be 2 points clear of the rags with 12 games to go, if we're going to make an equally sweeping and arsey argument as his critics are making on here.

In the CL:

Pld: 6, W: 3, D: 2, L: 1, GS: 10, GC: 5, GD: +5, Pts: 11.

Guess we'd be happy to trade in our Basel tie for 2nd place in the group...

Considering the stick he gets, yeah of course he won't be remembered. Not like stats tell you anything, I mean as long as you look silky and completely natural and at ease all the time and don't deliver or achieve anything, that's fine.

If you can confidently write the bolded parts above, as you have, and that's fine, then surely it's incumbent on you to tell us at what point Sterling gets involved with the KDB goal? The whole truth? hint: watch Rolee's video of the goal.

PS: I don't doubt you believe what you say.

So you are telling me that was an intended pass to KDB,watch it,no watch it,it's almost behind him,and even he would have been surprised the defender didn't cut it out,I sit right on line and remember thinking,phew he did well to score from that pass

City's PL record without his contributions:

Pld: 26, W: 17, D: 7, L: 2, GS: 54, GC: 19, GD: +35, Pts: 58.

So we'd be 2 points clear of the rags with 12 games to go, if we're going to make an equally sweeping and arsey argument as his critics are making on here.

In the CL:

Pld: 6, W: 3, D: 2, L: 1, GS: 10, GC: 5, GD: +5, Pts: 11.

Guess we'd be happy to trade in our Basel tie for 2nd place in the group...

Considering the stick he gets, yeah of course he won't be remembered. Not like stats tell you anything, I mean as long as you look silky and completely natural and at ease all the time and don't deliver or achieve anything, that's fine.

So when the same argument was raised many months ago,regarding Joe Hart's contributions when here,it was shot down with it is a team game comments,even winning golden gloves was down to the defence,not down to his skill,so I'm afraid that those stats have to come under the TEAM GAME category I'm afraid

So when the same argument was raised many months ago,regarding Joe Hart's contributions when here,it was shot down with it is a team game comments,even winning golden gloves was down to the defence,not down to his skill,so I'm afraid that those stats have to come under the TEAM GAME category I'm afraid

Then everything De Bruyne, Silva or Aguero does is also just part of a team game and they deserve no personal accolades, is that what you're saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.