#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball from Kev was the only thing of beauty. Jesus had two options and decided to put Sterling in. Once Sterling decided not to hit it first time, which is what most would do, I would say we got fortunate as a), Sterling never really had the ball under control, and b), his pass back to Jesus was not the best. Imo, Jesus saved Sterling from an awful lot of grief on here last night.

Why do you feel it necessary to label someone a prick because they have a different opinion?

If you actually READ the post, he called me a "prick", I was replying to that .

You feel silly now ?

Lol, another great reply from you.

Should Sterling have hit it first time?
Did he have the ball under complete control?
Was the ball to Jesus a good one?

Your just a poster who isn't able to debate, so will leave you to it
There’s no debate to be had with you on this subject.
The answers to your questions are
1 - possibly, but it was on his weak foot and wasn’t a perfectly weighted pass
2 - He had it under control enough to put two defenders on their arses with some great composure
3 - His ball to Jesus was fine, just needed a foot out to poke it in which Jesus delivered no problem.
You can leave me to it as much as you want but I’ll still call out your constant bollocks whenever o feel it’s warranted.

There’s no debate to be had with you on this subject.
The answers to your questions are
1 - possibly, but it was on his weak foot and wasn’t a perfectly weighted pass
2 - He had it under control enough to put two defenders on their arses with some great composure
3 - His ball to Jesus was fine, just needed a foot out to poke it in which Jesus delivered no problem.
You can leave me to it as much as you want but I’ll still call out your constant bollocks whenever o feel it’s warranted.
Again you are basing your argument against me based solely on your interpretation / opinion, but you are not able to debate with anyone with a different viewpoint without reverting to name calling. These threads would be much more value add if people like you could show some respect to a different view, rather than name calling all the time.

Again you are basing your argument against me based solely on your interpretation / opinion, but you are not able to debate with anyone with a different viewpoint without reverting to name calling. These threads would be much more value add if people like you could show some respect to a different view, rather than name calling all the time.
But your opinion has been formed on the basis that you don’t rate him to begin with so you’re automatically looking at his involvement from a preconceived viewpoint.
If you’re incapable of giving credit where it’s due then I will react accordingly.
I’m more than capable of seeing his poor form for what it is and often this season he’s been way off his best.
When he does something praise worthy then he will get the plaudits he deserves. You are unwilling to see his good and concentrate solely on whatever your perceived flaws are in his game.

But your opinion has been formed on the basis that you don’t rate him to begin with so you’re automatically looking at his involvement from a preconceived viewpoint.
If you’re incapable of giving credit where it’s due then I will react accordingly.
I’m more than capable of seeing his poor form for what it is and often this season he’s been way off his best.
When he does something praise worthy then he will get the plaudits he deserves. You are unwilling to see his good and concentrate solely on whatever your perceived flaws are in his game.
You are correct, I don't rate him but I have and will continue to offer praise when I believe it warrants. When someone so senior, who is expecting mega money, then in my mind, that raises the bar in levels of expectation, and I don't believe he meets that currently.

If you had read the post I responded to before jumping down my throat, you will see it was to a poster who imo, was wearing the most thickest pair of blue specs, claiming excellent control by Sterling, which imo, I maintain, was far from it.

Had Jesus not scored from that play, believe me, you would not have liked this thread as Sterling will have copped it, hence my comment about Jesus preventing grief for Sterling on here.

These last few weeks have shown that without Sterling playing, we have been far from being weaker.

Just because I have that view, which I'm sure some will agree and some won't, its an Internet forum to express opinions, not insults.

Do I want him to improve, yes of course I do because the team improves, do I think he can, or will, I'm not so sure.

How are man overanalysing a chance that was converted? He has these moments, also not in the best form, and what matters is the chance wasn't wasted.
People will jump on Sterling on any small thing, its been proven time after time.

They also like to take the moral high ground saying "I'm not biased, I'm just calling it as it is" or "He's shit, but I want him to get better, but I don't think he will". It's all bullshit.

Mind you, they are sleighting one of their own players scoring a goal (or creating a goal)...

Last edited:
I saw the goal as a thing of beauty. A world class through ball from KDB, a great decision from Jesus, pure skill from Sterling, leaving two defenders on their arses, set up the return for a tap in . Wonderful, made my day.
So when someone decides to take the time and effort to post on the Sterling thread in a negative manner, about that goal , it is not me being the "prick".
Guardiola would laugh in your face, if you tried to argue your take on it.

What he did was great, but he only had to do it because he didn't shoot when he should have. Bizarre that people are pretending that's not the case when you consider how good he used to be at scoring from those positions. And the vast majority of the time when he overthinks things like that it ends in us wasting a great chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.