#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has nothing to do with what i posted.Irrespective there is always a replacement.

Bernardo? awesome,a favourite of mine,hopefully Pep continues to play him.

Yeah but he wasn’t awesome last season. He was miles worse than Sterling and his contribution was a fraction of what Sterling offered.

So why does Bernardo get a free pass for his poor year and Sterling gets thrown to the wolves?

Very strange behaviour tbh. People should be treated equally in my opinion based on similar circumstances.

I’m not Sterling’s biggest fan but I’m starting to feel a little bit sorry for him. IMO he’s played himself out of the first team. I do, however, appreciate the enormous contribution he’s made to our club. I also see why Pep relied upon him for so long. His goals, work-rate and ability to frighten opposition defenders has been there for all to see.

I hope he gets a game against Chelsea and has a stormer. We need all our squad to play at their best if we are to make this an unbelievable season.

Yeah but he wasn’t awesome last season. He was miles worse than Sterling and his contribution was a fraction of what Sterling offered.

So why does Bernardo get a free pass for his poor year and Sterling gets thrown to the wolves?

Very strange behaviour tbh. People should be treated equally in my opinion based on similar circumstances.
because compared to his high bar Raz had a poor season last year in terms of meaningful contributions and he ended our season with that appalling miss against Lyon, so that's how his season got defined. In contrast, Bernie had a quieter season but his big moment was his stunning goal and performance which crucially won us the away leg of the League Cup semi at the Rags, so your defining contributions are what people remember ultimately.

because compared to his high bar Raz had a poor season last year in terms of meaningful contributions and he ended our season with that appalling miss against Lyon, so that's how his season got defined. In contrast, Bernie had a quieter season but his big moment was his stunning goal and performance which crucially won us the away leg of the League Cup semi at the Rags, so your defining contributions are what people remember ultimately.

That’s some quite incredible spin. Disgusting tbh.

31 goals in a season isn’t a meaningful contribution? Also not forgetting him scoring the winning penalty against Chelsea under incredible pressure.

The lad has no chance when people treat him like this.

Last edited:
That’s some quite incredible spin.

Disgusting tbh.

Sterling didn't live up his 17/18 and 18/19 contributions and let the club down in the biggest moment of the season.

He's then been really poor for most of this season. Even on wednesday with a simple 1-on-1 clean through against a beaten and knackered Dortmund he fucked it up. People have had enough. Get back to his best or get on the bench.

Even if Sterling suddenly returned to his best imo it's still the right time to try something new e.g. Grealish.

The worst that'd happen is that he'd be very good for a competitor and his replacement wouldn't settle immediately. I think we can weather that.

(I'd have said the same about Mahrez earlier on the season. It's never an exact science...it's a lot to do with timing, e.g. Stones. But making change -even for change's sake- can be worth it if it keeps it all moving forward)

Unless he asks to leave there is no chance we sell him. He is getting a new contract and the best we can hope for is that he returns to his best as soon as possible.

At the moment however he does not deserve to start, especially not in a semi final tomorrow. Can we really afford 60 maybe 70mins of the form hes been showing recently before he gets hooked and who knows where the game is at that point?

Start on Wednesday against Villa and see if he can get a goal not in a semi final where chances are likely to be very small and we simply need those in form playing.

You don't pick a semi final to get players into form, why not give Garcia 90mins as well because hes not played recently or maybe give Ake a go instead of Dias.

We are not running a charity here and Sterling knows the game, he has been given chances and he hasn't taken them recently.

Basically avoiding this thread because it is obviously in the " rinse and repeat mode " again.

He isn's playing well and his confidence looks shot.

Pretty sure that Pep and his team have things in place to try and resolve them one way or another.

Everybody else is just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.