#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times he did lose the ball ?

It was certain that whenever he gets the ball, our attack will be over.

But he worked really hard tracking back and did well defensively.
He gave 6 passes straight to them, 2 others out of play, and was dispossessed of the ball 4 times.

I also think while he gets himself back, just watch what he actually does defensively, it’s completely passive. There was one occasion he fought for and won the ball back in the second half, and it felt like the first time for weeks!

What an enigma. All the goals he’s scored and yet, when you dissect his skillset and form fluctuations, he leaves lots of people scratching their heads.

He is guilty of lacking the higher standards in some of his skill set, but I think there’s a lot of superlatives thrown around when it comes to judging Sterling.

As soon as one of his attributes is called into question, such as first touch, it becomes that he has the “worst first touch ever” etc. So much so, that anything he does with his first touch that isn’t a bad one, will be completely ignored.

He did have a stinker the other week, however.

He is guilty of lacking the higher standards in some of his skill set, but I think there’s a lot of superlatives thrown around when it comes to judging Sterling.

As soon as one of his attributes is called into question, such as first touch, it becomes that he has the “worst first touch ever” etc. So much so, that anything he does with his first touch that isn’t a bad one, will be completely ignored.

He did have a stinker the other week, however.
If he has a small injury a couple of weeks rest might be a blessing in disguise. He looks like he needs a rest and we can get by with Foden, Jesus and Torres for a week or two

The technique on that free kick yesterday was something special.
Yeah every now and again he does something that reminds you how much he's improved as a player since 2015.

I think a couple of years ago, there was a pundit bigging up Rashford for working super duper hard after training on set pieces and kicking it hard and suggested Sterling needed to start trying that. I guess Sterling must have taken his advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.