#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting to the point that I don’t want to keep falling out with people on here defending him. He has been brilliant for us and anyone who says he can’t is an idiot. But sometimes it’s just time to move on and I think with the money we’ll get for him we should start considering it. He’s not been very good for well over a year and he’s beginning to stall Phil’s progress. Phil should have played on the left today no doubt at all.

Absolutely disagree, he has played far more minutes than any of our other forwards, and it's not even close. Mahrez is the next closest and he has played almost 33% more minutes than him.

He needs rest.
What about his performances is going to tire him out? Im far more tired watching him.

Martial has been absolute dogshit for god knows how long, but when was the last time Sterling dominated a defence like Martial has just done to ours?

It’s just excuse after excuse for him.

He’ll have games where he’s very effective, and the reality is that he keeps going, he keeps making good runs, he does what Pep asks, he’s always fit, he’s English and he keeps defenders busy.....but it all comes with the whacking great caveat that there are some serious deficiencies when it comes to his actual ability. Some days it manifests itself in the form of clumsy dribbles straight into the nearest defenders legs, other days it’s the hapless attempts at cutting back inside when clean through one on one. Today it was the stock in trade mis-kick in front of an empty net and worse (in my opinion) the cretinous mess he made of a simple 5 yard pass to an overlapping Gundogan at the end of the 1st half, bludgeoning it out over the dead ball line with all the finesse of an elephant. Whether he’s “world class” or not depends on what you’re looking for. Personally I don’t think he’s even close to meriting that description and how he remained on the pitch today after Foden came on, whilst Aguero sat twiddling his thumbs on the bench, is anyone’s guess
Awful today and never has the beating of Wan Bissaka. Foden who played for 15 mins got more joy than Sterling did in 95 mins.

To be fair, its Pep fault.

1- Raheem plays better on the right, so why switch him position ?
2- Raheem is very consistent against United, so why did Pep insist on playing him ? He should kept him for mid table teams.

Admittedly we had nothing to do about it but it's such a shame Sane left. What a talent we had in our hands.
Bayern offered double the money. We could have done more but chose not to. Our offer was 200k, theirs 400k. Lost one of our most talented players.

I've had enough. Get rid. We'd get a £100m for him and we'd be idiots not to.

He's vastly overrated and more often than not, garbage. I don't even get out of my seat any more when he gets through, I just yawn and think "I wonder what particular way he'll fuck this up".

I'd take someone like Son over him every day of the week.
We would get no where near £100m.

What about his performances is going to tire him out? Im far more tired watching him.

Martial has been absolute dogshit for god knows how long, but when was the last time Sterling dominated a defence like Martial has just done to ours?

It’s just excuse after excuse for him.
He plays for England so hes overprotected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.