#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll have games where he’s very effective, and the reality is that he keeps going, he keeps making good runs, he does what Pep asks, he’s always fit, he’s English and he keeps defenders busy.....but it all comes with the whacking great caveat that there are some serious deficiencies when it comes to his actual ability. Some days it manifests itself in the form of clumsy dribbles straight into the nearest defenders legs, other days it’s the hapless attempts at cutting back inside when clean through one on one. Today it was the stock in trade mis-kick in front of an empty net and worse (in my opinion) the cretinous mess he made of a simple 5 yard pass to an overlapping Gundogan at the end of the 1st half, bludgeoning it out over the dead ball line with all the finesse of an elephant. Whether he’s “world class” or not depends on what you’re looking for. Personally I don’t think he’s even close to meriting that description and how he remained on the pitch today after Foden came on, whilst Aguero sat twiddling his thumbs on the bench, is anyone’s guess

At this point in his career, there are really no excuses for him to make so many basic mistakes all the time.

One of the worst inside forwards in world football. Play him on the left, he’s a fucking joke.

Play him on the right, like when Sane was on the left (or Foden this season) and he’s good.

Can’t be doing the obvious though we all have to collectively suck Mahrez dick instead.

He doesn’t need a rest. He needs dropping. I have never known a player at City have as many excuses made for him as Sterling does. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade and he is not performing to any kind of acceptable level.
Absolutely disagree, he has played far more minutes than any of our other forwards, and it's not even close. Mahrez is the next closest and he has played almost 33% more minutes than him.

He needs rest.

If we fail in the CL again and forwards will be likely the reason for that.

If that happens id seriously consider revamping almost entire front line or otherwise we will never win the CL.
I agree with you and this may not be the thread for it, but WHEN we fail in the CL again this year, it will not be the players fault. Our manager is just not very good at picking the right team for these big games and knowing how to change it when things are not working. He's a genius of a coach and I don't know whether he over-thinks things or what, but time after time after time when we have a really vital big game, he fucks it up. It's not a fluke.

People keep pointing out that he should of had a pen (i don't think it was) but he took and absolute age to get a shot off, just kept running waiting for an opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.