#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has been crap this season but I’m not sure why we’d sell? It happens where players have bad years in their careers.

Bernardo had one last season and is now close to his prior form. He’s still not going past players like he was but he’s improved a lot. I see no reason why Raz won’t get better next season either. If he doesn’t improve next year then that’s maybe when you start to wonder whether you need him anymore.

For too many people it feels like they’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time and are getting that their digs in while they can. It’s been forgotten by some but there was a strong denial when Sterling first turned things around, with some of those deniers posting in this very thread.

Bottom line, Sterling is playing crap and doesn’t make our best XI right now but he deserves a chance to turn it around like others have done previously and I back him to do so next season.

I wouldn't be averse to that ordinarily. The difficulty however lies in the timing. If he were 1 year into a 5 year deal then fine, but unfortunately the club has a big decision to make this summer, essentially having to either gamble £60m worth of wages (estimate on my part for a new 4 year deal) on the hope that a player who has been horribly out of form for 12 months or more can rediscover his mojo, or try and recoup a decent fee for him

You appear to have not taken notice that this summer is the summer. He needs a new deal remember, as only 2 years left. Very hard for us to offer him a new circa 300k per week deal for 5 years and then be stuck with him if he continues to perform in this way.

Anyway, the club will make the decision, I noticed a story already gone out there of Real being interested, no surprises that has started.
The only surprise would be if that story originated from Madrid and not Manchester!

If some posters had there way half the team would have been sold.

The nature of forums and football fandom I'm afraid. Half the squad has been sold in the last 18 months because at some point or another nearly all of them were on the outs.

I'm reminded of two or three weeks back when there were people in KDB thread saying he doesn't deserve a new contract because he's injury prone and on the decline.

The nature of forums and football fandom I'm afraid. Half the squad has been sold in the last 18 months because at some point or another nearly all of them were on the outs.

I'm reminded of two or three weeks back when there were people in KDB thread saying he doesn't deserve a new contract because he's injury prone and on the decline.
Out of interest, where do you see Sterling in his footballing life cycle still rising, plateud or declining?

He won't be sold as he is English and that HG qouta as of now is important.
But we will have someone who will earn £300k per week who doesn't deserve half of it.
And we will have Foden on say £60k who will do three four times more than what Sterling will do.

Also will send wrong message across dressing room that Non Performing Asset will continue being second highest earner
If we can bag Grealish then I’d happily let Raz go.

The mantra is simple. He won’t be sold. He’ll get a new contract. The rest is just a lot of noise. He was piss poor again yesterday but that’s not going to change the club’s view of him.

For him to be sold he’d have to say he wants to leave. And let’s be honest, that’s not happening. He’s at the best club in the country.

So it’s probably for the best some of you get your pent up anger and frustration out on here before the grounds open again.
We all know you are a fan of his and you keep coming on here and repeating the same message re him getting a new contract and how the rest of us should just live with it and basically just shut up. It’s difficult to stomach when you know the club is going to piss away £75m+ on a new contract for someone who shouldn’t even be in the starting XI.

There comes a time when no matter what has gone before, it’s right for a player and club to part ways. Sterling’s time is now, before the club spunks a shitload of money away at a time where we have just announced a £126m loss. You’re clearly not stupid, so I am actually amazed you are so blasé about it all.

I suspect Sterling is more troubled by the speed at which abuse about him becomes quite so personal. He doesn't have to come on Bluemoon to read it, people will tag him on Twitter or Instagram to tell him what they think and they have done from the time he started being picked for England. I'm guessing that his confidence is currently somewhere around where it was in the summer of 2016 after those Euros.

get that as city supporters we seem to always have a player or two who gets it. Stones Mahrez Jesus they all had it Mendy a lot to. With Sterling though when he is hitting all those heights assists goals he was always a player who frustrates in front of goal.. yep he will get a new contract and come through this bad form. With Kdb injury depending on how bad it is we will need him to turn it around very quickly..

get that as city supporters we seem to always have a player or two who gets it. Stones Mahrez Jesus they all had it Mendy a lot to. With Sterling though when he is hitting all those heights assists goals he was always a player who frustrates in front of goal.. yep he will get a new contract and come through this bad form. With Kdb injury depending on how bad it is we will need him to turn it around very quickly..
Gundogan was getting dogs abuse on here. Hello, simon23.....

you make a good point.
I don’t get it with Sterling. He’s get more abuse then anyone and lots of comments about how he has never been good enough -which is a load of rubbish.

‘Remember how good sane, aguero and Sterling were’ , but no sterling’s never been good. Sell him now!

you make a good point.
I don’t get it with Sterling. He’s get more abuse then anyone and lots of comments about how he has never been good enough -which is a load of rubbish.

‘Remember how good sane, aguero and Sterling were’ , but no sterling’s never been good. Sell him now!

I watched Gundogan get his contract terminated for not being able to pass tackle shoot run etc. Looking forward to the club doing the same to Raz. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.