Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

I fear the current generation (‘Y’) are pitifully ill-equipped to deal with adversity. Many of them seem unable to grasp that life isn’t fair, but rather it’s hard, you frequently can’t get what you want and there often isn’t an easy solution.

They seem to think they shouldn’t have to suffer in any way, without realising that life is replete with suffering and anguish. It’s just part and parcel of the ride. The stiff upper lip mentality was equally flawed, but we’ve gone completely the other way, to our detriment as a society imo.

I’d be embarrassed if someone said I was upset and hurt after someone had grabbed my throat for a couple of seconds in a situation where my physical well-being wasn’t in any meaningful danger. When it last happened to me, I was joking with my mates about how soft his hands were ten minutes later. Absolute fucking joke.

what would Jack Charlton say if someone told him the 6ft 2 centre half had hurty feeling after 5ft 8, 9 Stone wet through winger grabbed him & the crowd booed.

one thing for sure he’s not strong enough to play in Kosovo.

Its totally insane. A few years ago I was trying to rectify a problem onboard a cross channel ferry when a well educated little shit about 13 kept on interrupting trying to be a smartarse. I put him in his place, much to the outrage of his older sister. I told her, "I'm doing him a favour. If he takes that attitude out into the real world in a few years time he is going to meet a while world of pain, best he learns that now and save himself the anguish "
Yeah, sorry about that. My mum had said I couldn’t play on my PS4 anymore that day and I was feeling a bit tetchy.

I wonder if Raz was only called back because he agreed to film for Children in Need?

It's insane. The thing is the more society invents more and more things for people to be afraid of and offended by the more they actually add to the anxiety and fear, it is self perpetuating.

The latest crazy thing I heard was some young woman took offence because some guy behind the counter in Gregg's recognised her and had a bit of banter that she loved the pizza as she popped in there and had it every day. Mass outrage that he had shamed her, triggered her anxiety, named and shamed him, posted it online and so on. Then some other sensitive soul had a strop because someone had the cheek to tap her on the shoulder to alert her there was a free till available as they waited in a queue. "How dare he try and herd me!" The world's gone mad.

I'd have just gone to the free till without alerting her.
Some people are just too polite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.