Raheem Sterling | City's 11th top goalscorer of all time

I'd be delighted if he signed, something tells me he may want to try his hand abroad at some point though.

If he does stay for five or even seven more, then as the OP says 200 is not out of the question. Twenty a season? That said some big questions to be answered in that time like who replaced Pep and will they be able to continue our goal scoring form, who replaces KDB as assist king?

To get more he'd have to be on penalty duty.

I also said when we signed sterling that I liked the idea of the guy who scores the winning goal for England in a big tournament being a city player, and could still happen with Raheem. That would cement his legend status not just for us but in English football.

Considering when he did sign we were getting a blingy, immature, gold sink buying pace merchant, he's not done so bad so far ;)

Great post from the op, really interesting, and I agree about the potential of Raz.
One surprise on the list for me is how many David White scored. Having watched City through those years I wouldn’t have had him down for that many goals.

Where will he finish?, more like When will he finish?

In between moments and goals of incredible quality we still get finishing on a par with my missus that just cannot be sensibly explained. Couple that with a reluctance to shoot first time and the desire to dribble or take a touch means that for me he's a nearly man and certainly not Messi.

I'm glad we've got him and perhaps judging him as a striker rather than as a winger is a little unfair but nonetheless for the chances that fall to him he should do better.

Oh dear.

Sterling a ‘nearly man’? Genuinely staggering comment.

Damn him for not being as good as arguably the greatest footballer of all time also.

Oh dear.

Sterling a ‘nearly man’? Genuinely staggering comment.

Damn him for not being as good as arguably the greatest footballer of all time also.
Indeed. I get what he's saying, but even Kun misses plenty of chances. That's the nature of being a striker. The important point is that he's getting into the position to miss those chances in the first place, which is something that a lot of strikers struggle to do. De Bruyne's assist was great yesterday, but it was only possible because of Raheem's great run.

Great post from the op, really interesting, and I agree about the potential of Raz.
One surprise on the list for me is how many David White scored. Having watched City through those years I wouldn’t have had him down for that many goals.
Whitey scored a hell of a lot after Kendall moved him more centrally alongside Quinn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.