Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
In years to come, when Sterling's legacy is examined and he is rightly heralded as a crucial part of English football's best ever side, and one of our greatest ever players, I better not see any of you who are smugly saying "I never rated him" try to rewrite history.

His treatment by certain 'fans' has been, and remains, nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

Without Raheem Sterling, we don't win the league with 100 points. Maybe we don't win the league at all. That's how many points he won us single handedly that season.

Without Raheem Sterling, we don't win the league in 18/19 either. No domestic treble.

I'm not arguing that he's in awful form for us now. I'm arguing that he deserves a hell if a lot more respect. Certain 'fans' are acting like he's Jesus fucking Navas (that's a term of endearment, by the way).

Last edited:
Surely he realises he’s been rubbish for a while and that’s why he isn’t playing?
Play well and you stay in the team.

What he did v Liverpool where KDB put him through at the end and he chose not to go through 1 on 1 was just terrible. Shows where his head and confidence is at.
Think it runs deeper than that. Reckon we know he is playing the mbappe game and looking to run his contract down and pep / the board aint going to let that happen and are forcing him to leave early so we get some dosh in

He's got two years left on his contract, he's 26 and a regular England International. My only concern in all of this is that we finally sell a player in his prime and get suitable fee for him. Anything less than 60 million will be an outraged.

In years to come, when Sterling's legacy is examined and he is rightly heralded as a crucial part of English football's best ever side, and one of our greatest ever players, I better not see any of you who are smugly saying "I never rated him" try to rewrite history.

His treatment by certain 'fans' has been, and remains, nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

Without Raheem Sterling, we don't win the league with 100 points. Maybe we don't win the league at all. That's how many points he won us single handedly that season.

Without Raheem Sterling, we don't win the league in 18/19 either. No domestic treble.

I'm not arguing that he's in awful form for us now. I'm arguing that he deserves a hell if a lot more respect. Certain 'fans' are acting like he's Jesus fucking Navas.
Fortunately there are more fans that actually understand football. Raheem has been excellent over most of his years with us. He has had some outstanding moments and that should always be the overriding memory of his City career to date.

He has always stated a desire to play abroad and although I don't think he should use the fact he is not getting as much playing time as leverage maybe he needs to fulfil that ambition now.

His club form has definitely been affected by a subtle change in our tactics and perhaps that is why he has not started as often as he would like. I think we look more balanced without Raheem and Mahrez as first choice and in football, as in life, nothing stays the same forever. Other teams had nullified our play at times so using traditional wide men with pace has been replaced with a more fluid system - Also Raheem more than most has missed having a regular front man and if he moves on I wish him well and thank him for some outstanding moments during the last 6 years.

Not his greatest fan and I’d happily see him move on. We’ve had decent value out of him and his best City days are distant memories.

That said, he should always get a welcome back for what he did for us. We’re not dippers. And second, I didn‘t interpret his comments as either entitled or out of order. Maybe he’s just being realistic.

If he does move, there’s no need for acrimony on either side.

Six years with us so far, for three of which he was untouchable. Scored over 100 goals for City, many of them important. Any player who notches a tonne for City deserves legend status, in my opinion. A big part of the greatest team this club has ever had - numerous big goals in big games, has scored in an FA Cup final, and has absolutely delivered on the fee we paid for him. He has definitely seemed unhappy here for a good, solid year now, though, so maybe it's time we parted ways. Wherever he goes, he goes with my best wishes.

I'm not arguing that he's in awful form for us now. I'm arguing that he deserves a hell if a lot more respect. Certain 'fans' are acting like he's Jesus fucking Navas.

It should be said that Navas did nothing other than try his best and that's all I ever ask for.

Some people, quite simply, have forgotten what being a supporter is over the last decade or so.

Nothing wrong with not rating a player but some clearly want certain players to slip up for their "I told you so" moment. We'll see it next time Ederson concedes, Walker gives away a penalty, Zinchenko gets skinned, Rodri gets caught out of position, de Bruyne has a couple of back to back shockers, Mahrez doesn't pass, Grealish flings himself to the ground and gets nothing or Foden has an average game in midfield.

Sterling has contributed as much as anyone else during the most successful period in our history. Even without the goals and performances, he's conducted himself flawlessly and been an intrinsic part of a harmonious group of players.

It annoyed me for a long time that certain people would go out of their way to disrespect him until I eventually realised I've got nothing in common with those people other than coincidentally supporting the same club.

It's a shame for those players like Sterling and Navas but moreso for those fans who can't see the value in what they've done for us.

If he played for someone else right now, or 6 months ago, or 12, and showed his City form, Sterling would not be the answer to what problems we have up top. He was a top signing. Central to two of our three Pep titles. Played for us like his life depended on it. Once a blue, always a blue. But I think it’s over.

And the fact that Barcelona haven’t got a pot to piss in, let alone pay his wages or a reasonable transfer fee, is not the fault of anyone posting on his site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.