Raheem Sterling - PFA Young Player of the Year and FWA FOTY.

Liverpool got good money from City for Raheem, they then went on to vilify him. He did nothing wrong, just wanted to win some trophies and leave a club that had a history of selling it's better players.

Milner ran down his contract, refusing to sign another, walked away like an angel and got praise from all corners.

Sterling has said nothing disrespectful about Liverpool, Milner on the other hand?

I think somewhere in there lies your answer....its not so much Milner the man, more milner the player and his cronies.

Because for 2 years he lied to the club, pretending to negotiate a new deal, while deliberating running down his contract, so he could personally pocket a huge wad of money and deny the club a chance of getting a fee for him.

All of which he is perfectly entitled to do (we all have to earn a crust after all).

It's the lies and the sanctimony and the hypocrisy that earned our opprobrium.

Without a shadow a doubt JMIAC.
didn't he state the reasons he wanted to leave was to play more regularly in his preferred central midfield role (even though he made 45 appearances in his last season for us)

Who the feck can compare sterling to ingrate Milner. Bonkers. Milner deliberately ran down his contract to go to a rival then disrespect us after that.

Go on then, elaborate on why Milner is the object of such derision from some supporters...
Was going to reply but it seems others have put you in the picture. I see you swerved the actual question of “other than Milner which players have we disrespected”. You come out with a bold claim that you think City fans are disrespectful (like the dippers) but you can’t back it up

I don't see the problem, there's nothing wrong with having ambitions. He has won a few trophies with us and hopefully he'll win a few more. If he decides he wants a change somewhere down the line, I won't begrudge him it one bit. It's his career and more importantly it's his life.

“I really don’t get the hatred towards a player leaving” ?????
If you don’t know why we don’t like Milner there is no hope. Other than him can you give us another example of a player that has left that our fans “hate”
I don’t, not like Milner. Got nowt against the bloke at all. He left, owed us nothing. He celebrated against us but not for us against Villa, couldn’t be less arsed personally. I think it’s pathetic when players don’t celebrate against their old club. GET CELEBRATING LADS, I couldn’t give a shit!

Sturridge - not a fucking clue why we boo him, pathetic from us!

Distin - boo’d him when he signed for Portsmouth who were higher up the league and getting into Europe, pathetic from us!

Joey Barton - we boo’d him when he was still with us for not signing his contract. A bit much that while he was still with us. But then didn’t boo him when he put his cigar out in Jamie Tandy’s eye or when he beat up Dhabo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t, not like Milner. Got nowt against the bloke at all. He left, owed us nothing. He celebrated against us but not for us against Villa, couldn’t be less arsed personally. I think it’s pathetic when players don’t celebrate against their old club. GET CELEBRATING LADS, I couldn’t give a shit!

Sturridge - not a fucking clue why we boo him, pathetic from us!

Distin - boo’d him when he signed for Portsmouth who were higher up the league and getting into Europe, pathetic from us!

Joey Barton - we boo’d him when he was still with us for not signing his contract. A bit much that while he was still with us. But then didn’t boo him when he put his cigar out in Jamie Tandy’s eye or when he beat up Dhabo.
Dabo probably deserved that tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.