Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Richard Wright Fan Club

As the mega threads are locked.

Thought he changed the game second half.
Instead of being a hard working passenger he came inside and was able to turn and create space.
Obviously got the assist for the second goal but even if that never happened he was superb.

Not seen as much "get the ball out wide, cut inside, beat the full back, smash it in the top bag" as I'd like but it'll come. A solid 8/10 for his signing so far.

Last edited:
Him on the left, Navas on the right with a creator like Dave between them. So simple, it's how almost all our best performances have come this year, yet we don't do it often enough. throw in De Bruyne as well with Silva in the middle and they couldn't handle it at all. Just a shame he can't play against John Stones every week

There was nonsense from the pundits, pre game that he's been under performing.. Personally, I think he's in an upward curve and starting to show genuine flashes of brilliance.. He feeds off the confidence of those around him, I have no concerns regarding him at all.... A special player he will be!!

I'm very happy with him so far, but I think he's got a lot more to give. He's been good, but I think he's got the talent to be absolutely world class and we have only seen small glimpses of that so far. Has a tendency to run to the corner of the box and then stop, the jog about before trying to start from still again -when he should be running at pace into the box and scaring the shit out of defenders who will either foul him or pull out.

I also think we don't create enough opportunities for him to run in behind defences. The Arsenal game was the epitome of this when Mertesacker was playing a high line and never once did we send Sterling in behind him. Chelsea did it once on the weekend and Mertersacker was off.

He has got incredible potential though and there's an air of "big game player" about him too. He's delivered when it matters - Sevilla away, Monchengladback home.

By the time Guardiola has had him for a couple of seasons, he'll be one of the best players on the planet.

Him on the left, Navas on the right with a creator like Dave between them. So simple, it's how almost all our best performances have come this year, yet we don't do it often enough. throw in De Bruyne as well with Silva in the middle and they couldn't handle it at all. Just a shame he can't play against John Stones every week

It seems like that formation is going to be forced on us for a while with kev's injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.