Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we have won 4 of the last 5 premier leagues .and got to tthe last 8 c/ l at least in most of those I’d say all the players that played regularly in our team are amongst the best in Europe in their positions. So Sterling is one of them. Doubt many have played more games to be honest.
This discussion was about a claim that playing Palmer would be a downgrade, which until he gets a run of games, we won't know, and I maintain that.

With only a year left on his contract and undecided whether or not to sign it, should Europe's elite clubs not be chasing his signature?

No answer then as to when he was one of the best in Europe, ok

Well if You don’t recognise that Sterling is up there as one on the most effective wingers in Europe over the last 7 or 8 years then that’s your issue and I’ve no intention of trying to introduce the concept of logic to you in your current state of Palmer fantasy.

However, as a helpful pointer, it’s widely reported that Chelsea, who are well fixed to compete for the best players in Europe, are keen to buy Sterling to improve their side . . and if your assessment’s right then I’m wondering why they’d do that when we have a “worldie“ like Palmer who would surely be a comparatively cheap buy given that he gets next to no first team playing time with us?

PS. If this blather about Palmer being as good as Sterling is a deliberate comedy line then hands up, it’s hilarious and it’s given me and plenty of others a good giggle (thanks) but there’s a joke thread in off topic which would be a more appropriate home for it,

Well if You don’t recognise that Sterling is up there as one on the most effective wingers in Europe over the last 7 or 8 years then that’s your issue and I’ve no intention of trying to introduce the concept of logic to you in your current state of Palmer fantasy.

However, as a helpful pointer, it’s widely reported that Chelsea, who are well fixed to compete for the best players in Europe, are keen to buy Sterling to improve their side . . and if your assessment’s right then I’m wondering why they’d do that when we have a “worldie“ like Palmer who would surely be a comparatively cheap buy given that he gets next to no first team playing time with us?

PS. If this blather about Palmer being as good as Sterling is a deliberate comedy line then hands up, it’s hilarious and it’s given me and plenty of others a good giggle (thanks) but there’s a joke thread in off topic which would be a more appropriate home for it,
This is the issue when you jump in a conversation without reading the origins.

Please quote me saying Palmer is as good as Sterling.

This discussion was about a claim that playing Palmer would be a downgrade, which until he gets a run of games, we won't know, and I maintain that.

With only a year left on his contract and undecided whether or not to sign it, should Europe's elite clubs not be chasing his signature?
Chelsea are an elite club, so are Madrid both have enquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.