Raheem Sterling

CityBlu

Team supported
Manchester City
Well it hardly matters what we want because he wants away. And has for at least two seasons, but no-one came in for him.

mosssideblue

You pumping the whacky line that Palmer is a replacement for Sterling and saying other posters could look daft?

I love your comedy msb, every court needs a jester so please keep it up fella :-)
Is that the best you can come up with?

I bet you have spent ages looking for a post that said what you wanted to believe but, as we know, you fell short.

So, again, show me where I have said either Palmer is better that Sterling or, your new twist, Palmer is a replacement for Sterling.

Blue_Lightsaber

Team supported
Man City
Is that the best you can come up with?

I bet you have spent ages looking for a post that said what you wanted to believe but, as we know, you fell short.

So, again, show me where I have said either Palmer is better that Sterling or, your new twist, Palmer is a replacement for Sterling.
That argument he's making makes no sense.

Sterling is a pacy winger.. his real replacement if it were to come from the academy would be Borges, Edozie or Mebude.

Larry Stranger

That argument he's making makes no sense.

Sterling is a pacy winger.. his real replacement if it were to come from the academy would be Borges, Edozie or Mebude.
These things aren't binary, or it shouldn't be. If you ask the question who was Aguero's replacement this year? Well no one really, but Phil and Bernie along with others played there. None of whom are strikers like Aguero. So if Sterling leaves there is no replacement in terms of what he is as a player, but there will be options to fill in.

Palmer doesn't take Sterling's place as far as number of appearances and will probably be lowest in the pecking order. More likely on the right it will be Mahrez, Foden maybe Alvarez before him. Palmer will probably play more cup games, appear as a sub and maybe get games during busy periods or injuries to other players, but he will be slowing put into the mix.

VinceYoungisaBLUE

Team supported
duh
His downturn also coincided with Merlin's leaving us. Possibly a more major factor for him.

Yeah i'm sure that had something to do with it but while we've had no striker he's even been asked to play in the false 9 or as the striker and its been disastrous. For him, us, Pep, the team.

I don't even think the relationship is worth salvaging at this point which really stings seeing as Pep had shoehorned him into some very big games where he produced very little to nothing.

tony adcock

Team supported
MCFC
It probably is time for him to move on ( if that is what he wants ). However I do fear it takes even more pace out of our team. And it’s a team that not blessed with that much pace to begin with.
Maybe it’s not an issue going forwards, but I certainly notice how much more vulnerable we are at the back when we don’t have a pace player such as Walker available.

Pure pace in wide areas keeps opposition fullbacks pinned more ( due to fear of being exposed when their team loses the ball high up the pitch ) and I have a concern we don’t have sufficient pace in the wide areas

Plus one thing about Raheem is that he never seemed to be not available for games due to injury - which is always a bonus

Tugay One Cup

I just wonder exactly what it is about Raheem Sterling that turns so many people into such snarling dickheads.

He's been a fantastic servant to the club, has as big a trophy haul as any of our other players, scored loads of goals and got loads of assists, is well liked by his teammates and has always done his talking on the pitch. Compared to some of the other legends like Yaya, he's an absolute angel. In fact, even without comparing them, he's been a fantastic professional.

All of his achievements seem to be acknowledged in a begrudging way. Any time the lad gets praised, certain sections of the fanbase feel a really weird compulsion to have to try and top it by giving even more criticism. If you say that you'll remember him as a club legend, you'll get people telling you why you're wrong and listing a bunch of criteria which many other club legends don't tick. If you praise a performance, they'll criticise the opposition. If you praise a particular passage of play, they'll tell you why they think it wasn't as good as you believe.

I honestly don't think I've seen such unachievable standards set for a player of ours, even for those much more talented than he is. We've been far more forgiving towards players who have done far less with far more to offer.

That's all before we even get onto the insinuations about his character, despite there being no evidence to back it up.

His detractors amongst our supporters have an answer for everything, even if they're just the same circular, meaningless comments repeated again and again, to the whoops and hollers of others who share their disdain.

It's not about whether people rate him or not; I get why he's divisive as a footballer and I get just as frustrated with him as any right minded City supporter during matches but I simply don't get why so many of us are so proud of not rating him and will scream about it until they're blue in the face.

I'd like to think that he'll be remembered much more fondly a few years after he's left because I genuinely think he deserves better from us.

Trickyblues

Team supported
City
I just wonder exactly what it is about Raheem Sterling that turns so many people into such snarling dickheads.

He's been a fantastic servant to the club, has as big a trophy haul as any of our other players, scored loads of goals and got loads of assists, is well liked by his teammates and has always done his talking on the pitch. Compared to some of the other legends like Yaya, he's an absolute angel. In fact, even without comparing them, he's been a fantastic professional.

All of his achievements seem to be acknowledged in a begrudging way. Any time the lad gets praised, certain sections of the fanbase feel a really weird compulsion to have to try and top it by giving even more criticism. If you say that you'll remember him as a club legend, you'll get people telling you why you're wrong and listing a bunch of criteria which many other club legends don't tick. If you praise a performance, they'll criticise the opposition. If you praise a particular passage of play, they'll tell you why they think it wasn't as good as you believe.

I honestly don't think I've seen such unachievable standards set for a player of ours, even for those much more talented than he is. We've been far more forgiving towards players who have done far less with far more to offer.

That's all before we even get onto the insinuations about his character, despite there being no evidence to back it up.

His detractors amongst our supporters have an answer for everything, even if they're just the same circular, meaningless comments repeated again and again, to the whoops and hollers of others who share their disdain.

It's not about whether people rate him or not; I get why he's divisive as a footballer and I get just as frustrated with him as any right minded City supporter during matches but I simply don't get why so many of us are so proud of not rating him and will scream about it until they're blue in the face.

I'd like to think that he'll be remembered much more fondly a few years after he's left because I genuinely think he deserves better from us.
Well said

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.