Raheem Sterling

He’ll still get a clap from me… just!

He’s coming across as deluded in his own abilities and why he wasn’t playing when he thought he should be. However, saying he was fuming and raging and it was unfair that he wasn’t playing doesn’t override the good things he did for us. It’s not like he’s slagged anyone off, he just comes across as completely self-unaware.

The missing kids’ birthdays thing is the worst bit. How does he think people in the army or who work out in the North Sea on oil rigs who spend six months at a time or more away from their families go on? But again, it’s just a mega-rich footballer, who’s never lived in the real world as an adult, with no self-awareness talking bollocks rather than slagging anyone off.

So he’s just on the right side of thin ice with me, but I’ll still clap him… but no cheer!
What is it about this club and bloody birthdays?

At least he had his family waiting for him back in his mansion everyday after training.
God forbid if his wife had lived in a different country like our manager's does.
No whinging from Pep as he's got a job to do.
Some modern sportsmen don't know anything apart from the "it's all about me" attitude.
Raz and AJ spouting shite on the same day confirms this to me

Yeah he never seemed to appreciate the support we gave him, especially when he was public enemy number one following his acrimonious move from the dippers. I was glad when he left because he was on astronomic wages, right up there with KDB for contributing a fraction, and seeming fucking grumpy and selfish with it.
good luck Raz, I won’t boo you nor clap you when you return with the rents, your just an ex player who did a stint like Barry Silkman and Bill Williams.

Yes an odd one. He's a bit of a cold fish who seems a loner, some people are like that.

One thing I've realised is now we're a successful club players come and go but if the foundations are right you don't really miss them. When we weren't successful one star player leaving meant a big drop off in performance. We didn't have too many over the lean years but SWP and even Joey Barton leaving left us poorer. Now we can lose genuine world class players like Ya Ya, Silva, Aguero etcetera and still be successful.

I guess comparisons could maybe be made with the dignity shown by a certain goalkeeper of our acquaintance when he was allowed to move on and theoretically had more reason to be a little bit hurt?

Just a thought.

Yes,one or two have expressed their displeasure which is natural,but Joe Hart’s gripe was more with Pep than the club,like you say a comparison with Sterling,difference is however,Joe Hart didn’t get time to mope around and sulk,as he was out the door quickly -and I’ve not really heard a full blown sky interview moaning and groaning,interviews I’ve seen where he mainly saying that Pep didn’t want him and that was that.

One thing to finish on though,Hart will be fondly remembered of his time at City,training ground mosaic etc is a testament to that,as for Sterling well he will be remembered for missing sitters of which we will all be able to witness again this season but thankfully in a different shade of blue

@meeesh plus Joe has always been very appreciative of City fans as well. I just don’t understand why Raz didn’t just say he had a good stint at the Etihad or even not say anything at all. He’s still getting good pay and is playing football so just get on with life Raz.
There’s no way an accomplished professional who has spoken out on many subjects especially racism doesn’t know how to handle the press.
I’m really disappointed in him. Ah well, life goes on.

Tbf probably best Raz didn’t get to attend that many of his kin’s birthday parties after all, he has form as so to speak…

Not sure why you posted that, unnecessary.

Liverpool's Raheem Sterling cleared of assaulting girlfriend due to 'disappointing evidence'​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.