Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

No idea about that, but Fernandez was part of the Argentina side singing racist stuff about the French in the summer. He apologised and it seemed to be accepted by some of the Chelsea players, but them then making him captain is possibly not the right signal to send out. Could understand Sterling not being impressed.
Even ignoring the racist chanting incident, what has he achieved to suggest he should be captaining a Premier League team going for CL football? Having said that, who have they got that's captain material?

I was looking at our team the other day and the difference in leadership is incredible. It was Kev, and if it wasn't Kev, it would have been Dias, or Bernardo, or Kovacic, or any number of natural leaders we have in our squad who've been there and done it. And the sad thing is Chelsea could have had that if they didn't let go of everyone who reaches 30 (Thiago Silva being the exception).

Yep, it just sums up their approach though. Sterling could be a great mentor for the younger players coming through. But they have this scattergun 'youth is best' approach, meaning that you've got a bunch of kids who are talented, but don't know how to play together, and great professionals like Kovacic, Kante, Mendy, Koulibaly, Jorginho, Rudiger are allowed to leave. League winners and Champions League winners. Those players could have offered some consistency while you bring through all of these youngsters, but they were thrown on the scrap heap at the first opportunity to get their wages off the books. And it looks like Sterling is next, now they've got a shiny new toy in Neto, who's half the player of even an out-of-form Sterling.
Sterling was not good last season, is that the reason he was left out?

Why what happened was he promised the captaincy?
One of the demands that Raz negotiated with Tommy Toucans [leadership group status] as well as guaranteed playing time, and high wagus parity with blockbuster signings in the future. (All the things City couldn't assure him at the time)

Maresca said this about it, ‘I don’t know [if he will stay]. The only thing I can say is that it was a technical decision and in the next day, we will want to sit and clarify the situation but it is nothing more than that. For all the players, they are Chelsea players. If they are going to be Chelsea players, then we will try to use them but no more than technical decision. I want Raheem Sterling but I want all the 30 players we have. But there is no space for all of them. So for some of them, they have to leave’.

Sterling was a boyhood United fan. I could see him going there. Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, West Ham, Brighton… would all be good moves for him.

Maresca said this about it, ‘I don’t know [if he will stay]. The only thing I can say is that it was a technical decision and in the next day, we will want to sit and clarify the situation but it is nothing more than that. For all the players, they are Chelsea players. If they are going to be Chelsea players, then we will try to use them but no more than technical decision. I want Raheem Sterling but I want all the 30 players we have. But there is no space for all of them. So for some of them, they have to leave’.

Sterling was a boyhood United fan. I could see him going there. Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, West Ham, Brighton… would all be good moves for him.
Couldn't see anyone touching Sterling with a bargepole. Ego, wages, form - all a big problem

Yep, it just sums up their approach though. Sterling could be a great mentor for the younger players coming through. But they have this scattergun 'youth is best' approach, meaning that you've got a bunch of kids who are talented, but don't know how to play together, and great professionals like Kovacic, Kante, Mendy, Koulibaly, Jorginho, Rudiger are allowed to leave. League winners and Champions League winners. Those players could have offered some consistency while you bring through all of these youngsters, but they were thrown on the scrap heap at the first opportunity to get their wages off the books. And it looks like Sterling is next, now they've got a shiny new toy in Neto, who's half the player of even an out-of-form Sterling.
They doing a 'Malcolm' with that Yank owner playing the role of Swales.

We all know how that ended up.

Dunno why so many of our fans are keen to stick the boot in. He played a big big part in some of our best ever seasons and was a pretty quiet presence around the club. He left when he was moving to the periphery.

Feel for him tbh.
Five year contract worth £ 15 million+ and you feel sorry for him.

He should've got his fickle finger out and made himself undropable !!

How's the domestic robbery investigation going....alarms off, empty house, what could possibly go wrong at a high profile footballers home.

Left the England camp and has NEVER been selected again.

Wonder why ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.