Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He's been winding down his career for 4.5 years.

Left City, shunned by England, abandoned by Chavski.

He rarely showed much passion for City or the game generally.

Wonderful business to flog him out for £47.5 million & save £30 million + on wages.
Still had a decent record in his final year at City.

Why can't we just see BOTH sides of a medal? Generally speaking.

All of us have been celebrating so many goals and winning moments with Raheem and also been shouting at him in despair when he has bottled sitters and free counters.

I for my part was happy to see him leave for top dollars when he was in decline and sadly manouvered himself into some kind of victim for many reasons
but still I'm grateful for many superb moments with him in sky blue.

He's been winding down his career for 4.5 years.

Left City, shunned by England, abandoned by Chavski.

He rarely showed much passion for City or the game generally.

Wonderful business to flog him out for £47.5 million & save £30 million + on wages.

"Rarely showed much passion"

PFA Young Player of the Year
FWA Player of the Year
4 x League Titles
5 x League Cup
1 x FA Cup
82 England caps.

All achieved with only rare expressions of passion apparently. I'd argue his absolutely incredible achievements show the opposite.

Honestly the level of disrespect Sterling gets is once in a generation.

Sterling had a purple patch over 2/3 years with us. His early years were shockers then his latter years drifted a bit.

His world class attribute was positioning as well as his pace. I will always remain adamant though his actual footballing ability left a lot to be desired. Of course there are examples of great goals like Southampton last minute and you would like to think after many years with us he would have moments like that. I have never seen such a "top" player be so clumsy with a football. The best way to prove this is he has a catalogue of open net/ horror misses over the years which proves his positioning was world class to be in them positions, but on occasions too he then simply couldn't do something very basic. I am sure on more than one occasion he actually kicked the floor instead of the ball and winning a penalty for it. He certainly benefited being in our side but he contributed a lot too.

I wonder is this anything to do with their City days?
Sterling, Lukaku and Chalobah training with the youngsters cannot be good for morale.
I said this on another thread on here, It could have been something from their days at City. Maresca obviously knows Raheem really well and it's clear that he doesn't rate him and it's not the type of player he wants.

Personally I don't see a problem with that, I don't know why there's a big fuss about it, It's football and these things happen all the time.

Maresca isn't stringing him along, No bullshit he's not wanted. End of. He's gone in there and trying to sort out an absolute mess and try pick 21 players out of 42, If he doesn't get it right it's himself that gets the chop.

Maresca isn't stringing him along, No bullshit he's not wanted. End of. He's gone in there and trying to sort out an absolute mess and try pick 21 players out of 42, If he doesn't get it right it's himself that gets the chop.
Will be interesting to see how Maresca gets on.
He's someone who may be on our list of Pep's replacement.

Think Maresca has made a tit of himself, personally. Look at the way Pep conducts himself with regards to players we want to get rid of - Phillips, Cancelo etc. You can be ruthless without being disrespectful.

There's a way to treat players, and the young guys in that squad will take notice. I see they got Cole to sign his extension before they threw his 'big brother' under the bus. Smart move.

We all know it's not a decision based solely on his quality or level of performance - they've got Mudryk who's done fuck all in 18 months and they've just signed Felix who flattered to deceive on loan. It's based on their own financial mismanagement.

We can sit here and say that he should have known better, but let's be honest. When he signed for them, Tuchel was still in charge, the new owners had been there 5 minutes and nobody could have forseen their ridiculous behaviour.

Going to a club that had just finished 3rd in the league, the season after winning the Champions League, because a top manager wants you to be his star player? Not a crazy decision at the time.

Hard to see where he goes from here. He's a player that needs to feel wanted, so maybe a step down would be good for him. But he's also got an ego, so maybe not. Somewhere like Palace on loan? Newcastle need a new right winger, they should be all over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.