Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Think Maresca has made a tit of himself, personally. Look at the way Pep conducts himself with regards to players we want to get rid of - Phillips, Cancelo etc. You can be ruthless without being disrespectful.

There's a way to treat players, and the young guys in that squad will take notice. I see they got Cole to sign his extension before they threw his 'big brother' under the bus. Smart move.

We all know it's not a decision based solely on his quality or level of performance - they've got Mudryk who's done fuck all in 18 months and they've just signed Felix who flattered to deceive on loan. It's based on their own financial mismanagement.

We can sit here and say that he should have known better, but let's be honest. When he signed for them, Tuchel was still in charge, the new owners had been there 5 minutes and nobody could have forseen their ridiculous behaviour.

Going to a club that had just finished 3rd in the league, the season after winning the Champions League, because a top manager wants you to be his star player? Not a crazy decision at the time.

Hard to see where he goes from here. He's a player that needs to feel wanted, so maybe a step down would be good for him. But he's also got an ego, so maybe not. Somewhere like Palace on loan? Newcastle need a new right winger, they should be all over it.

To be fair Sterlings agent walked him into a wall with the statement, nice to see a bit of honesty from a manager for a change.

Either way the agent wins and Sterling gets a move, which team wants the player and footballs equivalent of Jacob Marley's baggage that comes with?

He will be a handy player for someone if he’s still got the hunger and desire to play, albeit at a lower standard PL club.

Personally if I was him I’d say thanks, and sit on my arse collecting megabucks for the next 3 years.

"Rarely showed much passion"

PFA Young Player of the Year
FWA Player of the Year
4 x League Titles
5 x League Cup
1 x FA Cup
82 England caps.

All achieved with only rare expressions of passion apparently. I'd argue his absolutely incredible achievements show the opposite.

Honestly the level of disrespect Sterling gets is once in a generation.
About 100 goals scored here as well. I don't get it the disrespect towards him, and the weird thing is that those dragging Sterling would lose their minds if you call out certain players that don't contribute to the team in anyway, no goals, no assists, no chances created but for some reason those types are fan favourites for some.

Think Maresca has made a tit of himself, personally. Look at the way Pep conducts himself with regards to players we want to get rid of - Phillips, Cancelo etc. You can be ruthless without being disrespectful.

There's a way to treat players, and the young guys in that squad will take notice. I see they got Cole to sign his extension before they threw his 'big brother' under the bus. Smart move.

We all know it's not a decision based solely on his quality or level of performance - they've got Mudryk who's done fuck all in 18 months and they've just signed Felix who flattered to deceive on loan. It's based on their own financial mismanagement.

We can sit here and say that he should have known better, but let's be honest. When he signed for them, Tuchel was still in charge, the new owners had been there 5 minutes and nobody could have forseen their ridiculous behaviour.

Going to a club that had just finished 3rd in the league, the season after winning the Champions League, because a top manager wants you to be his star player? Not a crazy decision at the time.

Hard to see where he goes from here. He's a player that needs to feel wanted, so maybe a step down would be good for him. But he's also got an ego, so maybe not. Somewhere like Palace on loan? Newcastle need a new right winger, they should be all over it.
Not on £300k each and every week !!

"Rarely showed much passion"

PFA Young Player of the Year
FWA Player of the Year
4 x League Titles
5 x League Cup
1 x FA Cup
82 England caps.

All achieved with only rare expressions of passion apparently. I'd argue his absolutely incredible achievements show the opposite.

Honestly the level of disrespect Sterling gets is once in a generation.
A number of players have enjoyed team success and personal honours at City.

Most showed more passion when playing and more humility when not.

He's found his level now without the City team or coach to support him.

Imo he was fortunate to be at the club during the era of such club legends as David Silva, Kun Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta,Vincent Kompany etc.

If he'd have taken most of his chances he'd have scored another 100 goals !!

About 100 goals scored here as well. I don't get it the disrespect towards him, and the weird thing is that those dragging Sterling would lose their minds if you call out certain players that don't contribute to the team in anyway, no goals, no assists, no chances created but for some reason those types are fan favourites for some.
Lolz. Just say Grealish ya daftie.
There’s a reason He’s a favourite of mine, it’s because he’s an excellent footballer who works very well in our team.

But I was a fan of Sterling and backed him right up until his last 18 months before his form fell of a cliff so you can’t be talking about me..

A number of players have enjoyed team success and personal honours at City.

Most showed more passion when playing and more humility when not.

He's found his level now without the City team or coach to support him.

Imo he was fortunate to be at the club during the era of such club legends as David Silva, Kun Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta,Vincent Kompany etc.

If he'd have taken most of his chances he'd have scored another 100 goals !!
Yeah if Haaland had scored most of his chances since he joined he would have had 50 more goals...maybe more! I'm sorry but from reading that, I am not exactly sure what the criticism towards Sterling is. Also, no player is "fortunate" to be in the team they are in, it's like when the fans of the opposing side say "Pep is lucky to be at a club where the owners can give him whatever he wants", do you think there's any truth to that? Of course not, the same applies to the players, it's a team effort and any player that scores 100 goals has certainly earned their place on a team.

Lolz. Just say Grealish ya daftie.
There’s a reason He’s a favourite of mine, it’s because he’s an excellent footballer who works very well in our team.

But I was a fan of Sterling and backed him right up until his last 18 months before his form fell of a cliff so you can’t be talking about me..
I haven't said anything about Jack, for all we know I could have been referring to Carson, if YOU feel like Jack doesn't contribute to the team then that's YOUR opinion and I respect that but you don't have to force your opinion on others.

Yeah if Haaland had scored most of his chances since he joined he would have had 50 more goals...maybe more! I'm sorry but from reading that, I am not exactly sure what the criticism towards Sterling is. Also, no player is "fortunate" to be in the team they are in, it's like when the fans of the opposing side say "Pep is lucky to be at a club where the owners can give him whatever he wants", do you think there's any truth to that? Of course not, the same applies to the players, it's a team effort and any player that scores 100 goals has certainly earned their place on a team.
Thanks for your views Raheem, we'll get back to you !!

Are you training with the academy lads this afternoon or tonight ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.