Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I think it was the right time for City and Raheem to part ways two years ago.

13 Premier League goals in 30 appearances in his final season at City, Alvarez scored 11 Premier League goals in 36 appearances last season, yet I would feel like their two seasons would be viewed in different ways.

Loved Raz, but he does strike me as one of those players that aren't as 'in love' with the game and treats football as just a job. Nothing wrong with that of course. Maybe something killed his passion somewhere along the way, likely how the media painted him. Thus, he can come across as dispassionate or disconnected with the fans.

From what I've seen of him, he seemed like overall a decent lad. Just for one reason or another, the media likes to pick on him, even when he hasn't given them a reason to do so.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to have worked out for him at Chelsea. He started well last season, probably would've gotten more credit if he didn't have useless sticks as strikers. That brief period was very quickly forgotten, however.

Wish him well at his destination.

Nope. I wanted him gone long before he left. But I wished him well and still do. I hope he finds a club where he does well (unless it's one of the shithouse clubs obviously).

I did a copilot search for a table like below (you can never fully trust AI) for options.

To me Everton, Palace, Wolves, Bournemouth, Forest, West Ham, Fulham, Leicester, Southampton or Sheffield United should be his next home. basically anyone in the 2nd half of the table.

RankClubTop Scorer (2023/24)Most Played Left Winger (2023/24)Net Spend (2024/25) (£m)Average Monthly Wages (£k)
1Manchester CityErling Haaland (27 goals)Jack Grealish (7.5)-87.8600
2ArsenalEddie Nketiah (5 goals)Gabriel Martinelli (7.3)29.3458
3LiverpoolMohamed Salah (18 goals)Luis Díaz (7.4)0500
4Manchester UnitedBruno Fernandes (3 goals)Marcus Rashford (7.2)88.2625
5ChelseaCole Palmer (22 goals)Mykhailo Mudryk (6.8)19.2567
6Tottenham HotspurSon Heung-min (17 goals)Ivan Perišić (7.0)111.4417
7Newcastle UnitedAlexander Isak (21 goals)Anthony Gordon (7.1)-30375
8Aston VillaOllie Watkins (19 goals)Leon Bailey (6.9)43.7317
9Brighton & Hove AlbionEvan Ferguson (5 goals)Kaoru Mitoma (7.4)82.2208
10West Ham UnitedJarrod Bowen (8 goals)Saïd Benrahma (7.0)78.3267
11Crystal PalaceOdsonne Edouard (5 goals)Wilfried Zaha (7.2)6.5233
12BrentfordBryan Mbeumo (6 goals)Yoane Wissa (6.8)28.3167
13FulhamBobby De Cordova-Reid (2 goals)Willian (7.1)-3.1208
14Wolverhampton WanderersHwang Hee-chan (6 goals)Pedro Neto (7.0)-14.5192
15EvertonAbdoulaye Doucoure (4 goals)Dwight McNeil (6.9)-26.1250
16Nottingham ForestTaiwo Awoniyi (4 goals)Morgan Gibbs-White (6.8)13183
17BournemouthDominic Solanke (19 goals)Dango Ouattara (6.7)0.3150
18Leicester CityJamie Vardy (10 goals)Harvey Barnes (7.0)4225
19SouthamptonChe Adams (9 goals)Kamaldeen Sulemana (6.9)60167
20Sheffield UnitedCameron Archer (2 goals)Ben Osborn (6.6)N/A125
Arsenal's top scorer is Nketiah at 5? What?

Not until hell freezes over. Most annoying player ever. Don’t get me wrong i’m sure his stats during his time here are impressive but there is something really unlikeable about his personality that’s hard to put your finger on. He reminds you of the lad you play 5 a side with who doesn’t pass to you when you’re set up for a tap in then tries to score himself, misses and then doesn’t even look at you to say sorry or acknowledge his greed or even look bothered that he’s made a cock of himself.

I suspect I'm not alone chuckling at his predicament - but what a bigheaded twat he's turned into - a legend in his own lunchtime who did OK at City but often couldn't hit a barn door with a football from 5 yards for us in his last season with us which was why I was happy for him to leave - his whole world has fell apart! but I'm sure his ridiculous wages whilst he's not in the FIrst Team Squad will be compensation! Saudi for you next little 'runs-like-a-girl' guy!

I personally would take him back, there’s still a very good player there. Just thought as we’re taking Gundo back (that’s unquestionably a good idea of course). I see the decision is unanimous though :)
It's Sterling who I blame for turning my hair grey during the time he played for the club.
Not again please, I don't think my heart could take it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.