Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I feel for Raheem. Football is a ruthless business but Chelsea take the biscuit. That move was never right for him. The club is a mess and the hateful racist elements in their fans are a problem. I like him and he did a decent job for us even if he was inconsistent. Good luck to him.

I feel for Raheem. Football is a ruthless business but Chelsea take the biscuit. That move was never right for him. The club is a mess and the hateful racist elements in their fans are a problem. I like him and he did a decent job for us even if he was inconsistent. Good luck to him.
That's from a fan's point of view though. Either you're right about the move not being right for him which means he was stupid to go there in the first place, or us as fans know fuck all about what is right or wrong for a player.

He decided to go, they weren't as good as City and he isn't as good as he thinks he is. He gets left out by a new manager and his agent goes public demanding answers.

He had his squad number as of Sunday but it seems he has forced the manager's hand and it hasn't worked out well for him.

That's from a fan's point of view though. Either you're right about the move not being right for him which means he was stupid to go there in the first place, or us as fans know fuck all about what is right or wrong for a player.

He decided to go, they weren't as good as City and he isn't as good as he thinks he is. He gets left out by a new manager and his agent goes public demanding answers.

He had his squad number as of Sunday but it seems he has forced the manager's hand and it hasn't worked out well for him.
Well, I am a fan!

Don't think he was stupid to go there. Just a wrong choice even if it had the benefits in being in his home City and at the time of the move it looked like he'd get more game time.
For sure he made a mistake leaving City (his choice), though, he wanted to play more. Now he plays less. To play more now he will need to move down again or go abroad, unless Arsenal take him.

I don't blame him or his agent going public on this. He returned early to pre-seasin. Chelsea should have made it clear earlier that they didn't want him. Not so close to the window closing.

Even if it was his choice to leave, I still feel for him and I appreciate his contribution to our success. I wish him well.

Barca is looking for a cheap left winger option. If Chelsea accepts a loan it will be best for Raz.

Well, I am a fan!

Don't think he was stupid to go there. Just a wrong choice even if it had the benefits in being in his home City and at the time of the move it looked like he'd get more game time.
For sure he made a mistake leaving City (his choice), though, he wanted to play more. Now he plays less. To play more now he will need to move down again or go abroad, unless Arsenal take him.

I don't blame him or his agent going public on this. He returned early to pre-seasin. Chelsea should have made it clear earlier that they didn't want him. Not so close to the window closing.

Even if it was his choice to leave, I still feel for him and I appreciate his contribution to our success. I wish him well.
I agree with your last line.

The new manager seems to have wanted to have a look at him in pre-season with is his prerogative. Then he's had huge decisions to make with a massive squad and decided not to go with him. We'll never know the ins and outs of what has gone on within Chelsea but it isn't usual for a left out player to go public demanding to know where they stand. Who was the agent asking? The general public? Why not have a private meeting and take it from there?

I've seen some extreme posts on here but that is right up there. Seriously, Raz as a City player annoyed you more than any other player in your footballing history???
Did you used to sit in 303 a few rows behind row S, there was a daft **** there who used to slag Sterling off even after he'd scored!
Seems like there were more Sterling haters than people think on here!

We had our monies worth out of Raheem and he had a peak 3 years where he looked as though he was heading for world class converting every other game ,sadly the last 2 seasons he went backwards but still got a decent goal ratio but the signs were his usefulness to us was going to diminish quickly. He was underated given the 19/20 goals contribution is unmatched by a wide player under pep (Foden won player of the year with 4 less goals last year). Think it was the combination of not winning the league that year, the numbers he still missed and a section of the fan base having an almost rabid dislike for the guy, there were 4 or 5 round where i sit who would slag him off no matter what he did , that meant he was never fully appreciated (to be honest I even find myself thinking about the ones he missed more than the ones he converted)

Shame to see his troubles at Chelsea and could still do a job for lots of decent clubs but suspect many will be put off by recent form and possibly salary.

Has there ever been a current or former City player who has consistently received such abuse, which started because he had the balls to leave the dippers.
i swear some blues were brainwashed when he was getting racial and general abuse from the media , there was no reason to turn on him from day one

I agree with your last line.

The new manager seems to have wanted to have a look at him in pre-season with is his prerogative. Then he's had huge decisions to make with a massive squad and decided not to go with him. We'll never know the ins and outs of what has gone on within Chelsea but it isn't usual for a left out player to go public demanding to know where they stand. Who was the agent asking? The general public? Why not have a private meeting and take it from there?

He could have had a private meeting but as you say we don't know the ins and outs and how frustrated Raheem Sterling felt.

Overall the club are responsible for who comes and goes and the communication with players. If they don't want someone they should say so rather than letting it drift. Their recent track record of treating other players is poor eg Gallagher, Chalobah, and as a more senior player Sterling felt he would go public. That's not everyone's choice. I'd have done exactly the same as him in this circumstance but I would not have left City, nor would I have mouthed off when leaving City. Just saying you want to play more is enough with some warm words for your time at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.