Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Does he do himself any favours? Not very often, no. He comes across as a bit of a mercenary; have boots, will travel (for the right money). But it's a ****'s trick, giving his number to another player while he's still at the club. Basically, forcing him out of the club. But Chelsea have previous for this sort of bullshit. Even during this last couple of months; witness the way they've treated Chalobah, Chilwell and Gallagher. It's a horrible club. I wouldn't blame Sterling if he said "fuck it", and sit out the rest of his contract. 300k per week for sitting on his arse at home; where do I sign up?
That's about £45 million quid and with the age he's at, I(and you, by the sound of it) would be rubbing my hands regardless of whether another club wanted me or not, in fact I might make a point of sitting it out after they took my number away like that.

Small problem. He might actually want to er…play football.
He should negotiate a free transfer plus £20m…”or I sit it out”.
He can then go to Palace.

Sterling's own ego/ambition sorta ruined him. He was a vital player for us at one point. However, any reunion is far-fetched.

With that said, Chelsea's treatment of him is pathetic. Ironically, he's still their best attacking player bar Cole.

Sterling's own ego/ambition sorta ruined him. He was a vital player for us at one point. However, any reunion is far-fetched.

With that said, Chelsea's treatment of him is pathetic. Ironically, he's still their best attacking player bar Cole.
What; with us? I'd be amazed if that happened.

What; with us? I'd be amazed if that happened.
Yeah. I meant it's really far-fetched to think that we will see Raz back with us. Ship has long sailed.

I think Pep was asked in his presser about a reunion. Just don't see it at all.

Does he do himself any favours? Not very often, no. He comes across as a bit of a mercenary; have boots, will travel (for the right money). But it's a ****'s trick, giving his number to another player while he's still at the club. Basically, forcing him out of the club. But Chelsea have previous for this sort of bullshit. Even during this last couple of months; witness the way they've treated Chalobah, Chilwell and Gallagher. It's a horrible club. I wouldn't blame Sterling if he said "fuck it", and sit out the rest of his contract. 300k per week for sitting on his arse at home; where do I sign up?
This is a very American hard-nosed way of running a sports team. Traditionally they do not treat their players well, it’s all about the bottom dollar. I actually think the American ownership in the league is very damaging to the fabric of the game, the culture is just too different. European and British football is about the fans, loyalty, devotion, family, pride and location; US sports are about winning, glitzs, glamour but most of all money. I hope our owners stay with City forever, but I fear if ever we have another change of ownership Yanks will be circling around the bidding process and result will be a very different club and not one any of us would want.

This is a very American hard-nosed way of running a sports team. Traditionally they do not treat their players well, it’s all about the bottom dollar. I actually think the American ownership in the league is very damaging to the fabric of the game, the culture is just too different. European and British football is about the fans, loyalty, devotion, family, pride and location; US sports are about winning, glitzs, glamour but most of all money. I hope our owners stay with City forever, but I fear if ever we have another change of ownership Yanks will be circling around the bidding process and result will be a very different club and not one any of us would want.
When you look at the likes of Chelsea, and Trafford's finest, it really does bring home to you just how fortunate we are to have the owners we do.

Raheem will be close to a lot of the players so when they see this treatment it sends a message out.
What treatment? That a new manager doesn't rate him and is advising him to go while the window is open? Seems pretty fair to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.