Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I've mentioned this before, but no apologies for doing so again ;

I have the up most respect for Raheem Sterling for the way he conducted himself a few seasons ago when we beat Spurs 4-1 at home.

For those who don't know..or have conveniently forgot..our player was attacked outside the ground ,only 2 hours before kick off, by a racist utd fan who assaulted him and verbally abused him and his family. The attack was premeditated, and the players right foot was targeted,just before a crucial league game....

Fittingly the utd scum was sentenced to a term of imprisonment.

Rather than let this unsavoury incident, which must have shook him up,put him off his game , he went out and scored two goals,was man of the match , and didn't react ,after violent tackles from Kane and Walker ,still at Spurs at the time. Both his England colleagues must have known about Sterling being the victim of an assault before kick off,yet they still sought to carry out two appealing challenges.

Sterling didn't react.
Man of the match.

For me, that is one of the greatest examples of a footballer just getting on with his job,in the face of extreme provocation.

I doubt many other pros past or present would have shaken off being assaulted before kick off and proceeded to be man of the match thereafter.

Sterling biggest " crime is leaving Liverpool for another challenge,
A move that didn't bring Kevin Keegan, to name just a single example ,any spiteful and venomous comments.

Some players never ever get the atrocious barrage of abuse that Sterling has had to endure throughout his career,but to balance that, most players will not have seen his earning capacity or the medals / trophies too.

Certainly a character who divides opinion.
Definitely his biggest crime was leaving Liverpool. Any other club and it wouldn't have mattered. All down to that one poisonous club and their multitude of ex pros and media sycophants.

It was Pep who made Sterling what he was. His career has declined since the day he left us.
He thought he was too good to listen to Pep anymore.

Three progressively deteriorating seasons and .....gone in the blink of an eye.

Great business by City, £47.5 million + £34 million off the wages budget.

Now he's declared his raggy true love, it explains all his one on one misses against them.

" How would you describe the development of your career in the last three years Mr Sterling "

.....er, um, so, bro !!

Reactions: PPT
Definitely his biggest crime was leaving Liverpool. Any other club and it wouldn't have mattered. All down to that one poisonous club and their multitude of ex pros and media sycophants.
I think his " biggest crime " may have been commited whilst at Liverpool. ,before he left..allegedly

The main witness / victim (?) failed to attend an important hearing at Liverpool Mags and the case was dismissed. His career could have gone a completely different route......via Walton.

I think his " biggest crime " may have been commited whilst at Liverpool. ,before he left..allegedly

The main witness / victim (?) failed to attend an important hearing at Liverpool Mags and the case was dismissed. His career could have gone a completely different route......via Walton.

He'd fallen of the radar until he announced himself front and centre by making an announcement asking why he wasn't on the team sheet on the first day of the season.

His agent works of the principle that there is no such thing as bad publicity because let's face it without making announcements he would have just melted back into the chavs pack and his career would have just melted away with nobody noticing.

He'd fallen of the radar until he announced himself front and centre by making an announcement asking why he wasn't on the team sheet on the first day of the season.

His agent works of the principle that there is no such thing as bad publicity because let's face it without making announcements he would have just melted back into the chavs pack and his career would have just melted away with nobody noticing.
The timing of that statement was a disgrace.
The bit about he'd come in early for extra pre season training was completely irrelevant..having not been picked for the euros and being generally below average last season ....what was so special about him putting extra training in ? Very ill advised PR move.

The timing of that statement was a disgrace.
The bit about he'd come in early for extra pre season training was completely irrelevant..having not been picked for the euros and being generally below average last season ....what was so special about him putting extra training in ? Very ill advised PR move.

There is a good player in there, but it looks like he cares more about entitlement and noise now.

Oohhh......never heard of that, or am I missing a joke here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.