Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Pissed off if he goes to the rags, but not surprised. He's desperate, so are they and he doesn't exactly have clubs lining up to take him on. He's not going to wave goodbye to tens of millions (and nor should he), so he's got very few options.

Not sure how much sense it makes for the rags, mind you.
Both clubs would just be ridding themselves of problem players that have limited options.

The chances that both work at their new clubs isn’t huge.

Oohhh......never heard of that, or am I missing a joke here?
No joke. He was 18 yrs old at the time.
Incident happened in Huyton... god knows what he was doing round there...
He had made only 27 apps for Liverpool ....at the time.

I think his " biggest crime " may have been commited whilst at Liverpool. ,before he left..allegedly

The main witness / victim (?) failed to attend an important hearing at Liverpool Mags and the case was dismissed. His career could have gone a completely different route......via Walton.

Probably having his gun tattoo done and lost track of the time.

I've mentioned this before, but no apologies for doing so again ;

I have the up most respect for Raheem Sterling for the way he conducted himself a few seasons ago when we beat Spurs 4-1 at home.

For those who don't know..or have conveniently forgot..our player was attacked outside the ground ,only 2 hours before kick off, by a racist utd fan who assaulted him and verbally abused him and his family. The attack was premeditated, and the players right foot was targeted,just before a crucial league game....

Fittingly the utd scum was sentenced to a term of imprisonment.

Rather than let this unsavoury incident, which must have shook him up,put him off his game , he went out and scored two goals,was man of the match , and didn't react ,after violent tackles from Kane and Walker ,still at Spurs at the time. Both his England colleagues must have known about Sterling being the victim of an assault before kick off,yet they still sought to carry out two dangerous challenges.

Sterling didn't react.
Man of the match.

For me, that is one of the greatest examples of a footballer just getting on with his job,in the face of extreme provocation.

I doubt many other pros past or present would have shaken off being assaulted before kick off and proceeded to be man of the match thereafter.

Sterling biggest " crime" is leaving Liverpool for another challenge,
A move that didn't bring Kevin Keegan, to name just a single example ,any spiteful and venomous comments.

Some players never ever get the atrocious barrage of abuse that Sterling has had to endure throughout some of his career,but to balance that, most players will not have seen his earning capacity or the medals / trophies too.

Certainly a character who divides opinion.

Sure Walker was at City for that 4-1 game?

Finished as a top level player imo, has had a titty lip for quite some time, I don't think he enjoys it anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.