Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Fuck him.

Always thought he was a twat with his silly run and missing sitters.
All players miss sitters, and his " silly run " led to quite a few goals for us ...
Which other Top goal scorer in City s history do you also dislike ?
And why ?
Genuinely interested...

Actually scrap that question ,if he has signed for utd no point me making any sort of case for him ; )

He's a professional footballer. He won't give a shit about who he's previously played for. We've signed plenty of ex-rags in the past including some of their legends Peter Schmeichel, Andy Cole, Kanchelskis come to mind. They don't see the rivalry in the way we do.
Its nice to see them signing pne of our has-beens as a pose to the other way around.

The difference is all those ex rags were on their last legs when they came to us. Schmeichel was probably the best of the bunch.
As for Sterling he's always been a cold fish who's never built any affinity with the fans at clubs he's played for.

He has never been one of my favourites…..technically very average and didn’t seem to be able to kick a ball properly…..but can’t deny he had probably 3 fantastic seasons for us.

But we slag the scousers off for giving him stick for leaving them to join us……yet some are now going to give me a hard time for joining the rags !!!

It’s sympathy he needs !!

That's a good question. I was only 16 but bacj then we didn't have the same hatred. The simple fact was the GPC brought hatred into it.
Summerbee owned a shop with Best, everyone knew Busby started as a Blue etc etc. Yes Mike Doyle wound the fuckers up rotten the week before the Derby, yes we fought on the terraces as hooliganism was just starting but hatred of players, nah. That is all down to a piss stinking bully.
Not sure if that's right tbh
. When City beat utd 4-1 at old Trafford December 1970 George Best broke Glynn Pardoes leg with a tackle that was so bad, doctors , at one point feared that the limb would have to be amputated...
I know it's a long time ago , but do you not recall any hatred ?

Similarly when Martin Buchan smashed Colin Bells knee to pieces in front of The Main Stand in the league cup tie at Maine rd was there not any hatred for Mr Buchan.?

I'd argue GPC took it up a level ,but the 70s ,as I understand it was full of hate for utd from City fans.

" Shall lal lal lal Summerbee
Who the Fuck is Matt Busby ?
Georgia best has got VD !
Utd 2 and City 3"

I've mentioned this before, but no apologies for doing so again ;

I have the up most respect for Raheem Sterling for the way he conducted himself a few seasons ago when we beat Spurs 4-1 at home.

For those who don't know..or have conveniently forgot..our player was attacked outside the ground ,only 2 hours before kick off, by a racist utd fan who assaulted him and verbally abused him and his family. The attack was premeditated, and the players right foot was targeted,just before a crucial league game....

Fittingly the utd scum was sentenced to a term of imprisonment.

Rather than let this unsavoury incident, which must have shook him up,put him off his game , he went out and scored two goals,was man of the match , and didn't react ,after violent tackles from Kane and Walkeranother player I can't remember .. Both players must have known about Sterling being the victim of an assault before kick off,yet they still sought to carry out two dangerous challenges.

Sterling didn't react.
Man of the match.

For me, that is one of the greatest examples of a footballer just getting on with his job,in the face of extreme provocation.

I doubt many other pros past or present would have shaken off being assaulted before kick off and proceeded to be man of the match thereafter.

Sterling biggest " crime" is leaving Liverpool for another challenge,
A move that didn't bring Kevin Keegan, to name just a single example ,any spiteful and venomous comments.

Some players never ever get the atrocious barrage of abuse that Sterling has had to endure throughout some of his career,but to balance that, most players will not have seen his earning capacity or the medals / trophies too.

Certainly a character who divides opinion.
I have always respected Raheem. He is not naturally gifted like some players but was always a grafter. He had a tough childhood but has had a brilliant career. City got the best out of him. He reminds me a bit of Kevin Keegan. What he lacked in skill he made up with determination. I wish him well.

I’m with @Blue Mist & @Mike N about Ferguson. He was/is a bully and a nasty person.
I have never hated anyone, life is too short but he comes very, very, very close to being hated by me.
Disrespectful, horrible, there are so many words but the two gentlemen I have just named summed it up much better than me.

I worked just up the road from the place that Best and Summerbee owned and at lunch time you would see all the fans gathering but having a laugh together.

The antagonism started with the little Scottish turd. IMHO

We had the best of him. He's now on a downward slope. It is, if anything, good that the rags are buying players like Raheem Sterling. They have floundered around in their recruiting policy for years. They are a club without any kind of direction or strategy since Ferguson left. They get Raz, we get Savinho. One is the past, the other is the future. Long may it continue.
As for Raz, I wish him well, so long as he doesn't score against us (then I'll hate him). He's a jobbing footballer, he was when he was at Liverpool, he was with us, he has been with Chelsea. Chelsea don't want him now (that alone should be a send a warning signal to United) and he wants to stay in this country. Nothing to get very excited about.
One thing I'm now absolutely sure about. These things are difficult to measure, but the success he had with us was very considerably dependent on the service he got from players like Merlin and Kev. He will not get that kind of service at any other club on the planet.

With regards to Raz he played in Blue so I supported him. If, and personally I think it’s a very big if, he decides to join Trafford I would not boo him but neither will I sing (ok shout I know I can’t sing) as I usually do for ex players, ‘Once a Blue, always a Blue’.

Find a proper club Raz.

Always given him the respect he deserved as a key cog in a city team that won 10 trophies whilst he was here. Had no issues with him going to Chelsea or anything he's done since. I will naturally have to boo the fuck out of his every touch if he were to play for them though and hope he has a mental breakdown whenever he plays against us as he did with the dippers for us.

Don't even see who this makes sense for, he's quite similar to rashford. Another left winger with pace, no footballing brain and a tendency to miss sitters and both of them will find themselves behind the very punchable Garnacho in the pecking order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.