Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

We had the best of him. He's now on a downward slope. It is, if anything, good that the rags are buying players like Raheem Sterling. They have floundered around in their recruiting policy for years. They are a club without any kind of direction or strategy since Ferguson left. They get Raz, we get Savinho. One is the past, the other is the future. Long may it continue.
As for Raz, I wish him well, so long as he doesn't score against us (then I'll hate him). He's a jobbing footballer, he was when he was at Liverpool, he was with us, he has been with Chelsea. Chelsea don't want him now (that alone should be a send a warning signal to United) and he wants to stay in this country. Nothing to get very excited about.
One thing I'm now absolutely sure about. These things are difficult to measure, but the success he had with us was very considerably dependent on the service he got from players like Merlin and Kev. He will not get that kind of service at any other club on the planet.
Not a cat in hell’s chance.

Still pisses me off that someone made that arse licking Fergie banner saying get well soon after we’d beaten West Ham in 2014. The guy absolutely hates City and has never said one good word about us. **** of the highest order.
2014? I thought his brain Haemorrhage was much more recent?

With regards to Raz he played in Blue so I supported him. If, and personally I think it’s a very big if, he decides to join Trafford I would not boo him but neither will I sing (ok shout I know I can’t sing) as I usually do for ex players, ‘Once a Blue, always a Blue’.

Find a proper club Raz.
I’ll boo him, if comes to Etihad as a rag.

What has aggravated me for years supporting Manchester City is seeing the amount of love Raheem Sterling got from our fans in comparison to Riyad Mahrez.

Mahrez was not only an infinitely better footballer, he was a better character too. Mahrez left the football club with class. The same cannot be said for Raheem Sterling.

There is something about Sterling that I've always been unsure about. He couldn't wait 5 minutes to make the move from Liverpool to Manchester City... A club that had given him his debut and developed him from a young age. If SWP did the same at City (shoe on the other foot), we wouldn't be happy about it as fans, we'd think it was very disrespectful.

The problem is, some teenagers just want it now now now, a bit like Sancho when he made the move to Dortmund. Same with that Obi Martin kid from Arsenal that has ended up joining United for a much bigger contract.

The way Raheem Sterling left Manchester City and bad mouthed Pep in the media just didn't sit right with me at all. Zabaleta even said the same in the media the summer Sterling left the club, saying that when players leave they should speak nicely of the club (hinting that Sterling hasn't).

There aren't many characters in our team now or ex City players that would even entertain playing for Manchester United... But the fact that I wouldn't have been surprised if Raheem Sterling joined Manchester United in the future speaks volumes about how I perceived him as a character. I don't think the word loyalty is in Raheem's vocabulary at all.

How to completely ruin the legacy you have had with a football club where you have played 300 games with them and won several trophies with them.

Imagine Zabaleta, Kompany, Aguero, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Ruben Dias, Erling Haaland, Bernardo Silva or Ilkay Gundogan ever playing for United?

I cant.

If Sterling puts that United shirt on, his legacy at City will be absolutely tarnished and he will forever be an absolute c**t in my eyes... But I don't think he cares... He just cares all about Raheem Sterling and nobody else.

If he does join them and he does play against us in the Manchester Derby, I hope we absolutely slaughter the little snake.

I don't see the problem him going there.
It's not like he is the prime Sterling under Pep with us.

He's two years older, has underperformed for Chelsea for those two years.
At nearly 30, he isn't getting any younger or better. The decline started a long while ago, even when he was with us.

What i find most odd was his desire to return to his family in London. For him to then have to leave them and return to Manchester. Talk about making a huge mistake.
He won't improve them one bit. So let them pay a fee and his wages.

I would never boo him. He was part of our success.
He's a professional footballer making a wage. He gets a lot of undeserved stick from the press and other fans as it is.
However, if it does happen (which i'm not sure it will), i would probably chuckle as it would be another rag buying mistake!

I don't see the problem him going there.
It's not like he is the prime Sterling under Pep with us.

He's two years older, has underperformed for Chelsea for those two years.
At nearly 30, he isn't getting any younger or better. The decline started a long while ago, even when he was with us.

What i find most odd was his desire to return to his family in London. For him to then have to leave them and return to Manchester. Talk about making a huge mistake.
He won't improve them one bit. So let them pay a fee and his wages.

I would never boo him. He was part of our success.
He's a professional footballer making a wage. He gets a lot of undeserved stick from the press and other fans as it is.
However, if it does happen (which i'm not sure it will), i would probably chuckle as it would be another rag buying mistake!

If he puts on that United shirt I'd boo him every single time he got the ball.

Read the room.

Perhaps he’s trying to corner the pundit market after he retires.

Sky often pick pundits that have played for both clubs like Sturridge.

Sterling would get every other match.

this
He couldn't wait 5 minutes to make the move from Liverpool to Manchester City... A club that had given him his debut and developed him from a young age. If SWP did the same at City (shoe on the other foot), we wouldn't be happy about it as fans, we'd think it was very disrespectful.

He was at Liverpool for about 4 years. Joined at 16 left at 20. He stayed the season they lost Suarez and all ambition, he left (for a British record transfer fee) when Gerrard retired and they were obviously not planning on returning to the title race any time soon, and only after months of asking for a new contract to reflect his position as a starter while FSG lowballed him and kept him on the contract he got at 17.

Theres literally nothing wrong with how Sterling left Liverpool except that some Liverpool supporter published some off the record comments by his agent where he slagged off how Liverpool treated him.

Perhaps he’s trying to corner the pundit market after he retires.

Sky often pick pundits that have played for both clubs like Sturridge.

Sterling would get every other match.

He probably just wants a place to play football? He’s only got a few years left, he doesn’t want to spend them training with Chelsea’s reserves because Boehly and co’s latest manager (his 6th manager as a Chelsea player) doesn’t fancy him.

PSG seems to be the first choice but they’re not all in for him, and there’s not that many other possible destinations - he looked at Villa so he’s not adverse to dropping down a bit.

I’d absolutely hate it if he went to the rags because I actually think there’s still a great player in there and the swamp isn’t the place to resurrect a career, but it’s quite funny seeing the same commenters who slagged him off for years on here when he was a city player, have slagged him off non-stop since he left, and now demand from him a level of club loyalty they certainly never gave out.

He probably just wants a place to play football?

I’d hate it if he went to the rags but it’s quite funny seeing the same commenters who slagged him off for years on here when he was a city player, have slagged him off non-stop since he left, and now want club loyalty from him.
I wasn’t being fully serious.

He does want to play football, along with being paid a lot and thought of as a star player.

His form has dropped off a cliff though and he’d need to oust Rashford or Garnacho from their team, which wouldn’t be certain.

His options are limited outside of going on loan to a slightly lower club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.